Unable to set Sonos Era 100 as Alexa-enabled device in room/group using Alexa app

Show first post

88 replies

Now working for me (Era 300/Germany).

Good to hear our European (and UK) friends are getting fixes! Still doesn’t work for me in the US either. Over here, Era speakers are called “Devices” not “Alexa-enabled Devices”. They cannot control any groups. 

Yep, we’re perhaps the Amazon test-bed for you guys… I honestly thought this was fixed for everyone, but maybe Amazon is still to certify the ‘devices’ and roll this out to some locations.🤷‍♂️

@Ken_Griffiths no, that’s not it. It’s not set up as a surround or in another group. I just got it yesterday and am setting it up now in my office.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Good to hear our European (and UK) friends are getting fixes! Still doesn’t work for me in the US either. Over here, Era speakers are called “Devices” not “Alexa-enabled Devices”. They cannot control any groups. 

@Lmarshall,
The Era 300 is working here for me and can be used to enable/control an Alexa Group, that said, I’m based over in the UK.

As a thought, could it be that the Era 300 in your case is already enabling/controlling a different group, as these enabling/controlling devices can just be used for one Alexa group only. Or that the speaker is set as a Home Theatre surround and embedded in the HT device (Living Room) in your Alexa App?

Seeing the same issue in the US with my new Era 300. Diagnostic 2098672184

It’s fixed!!!

Went to my Alexa app this morning and found my Eras available as Alexas.

In New Zealand.

Deleted, I was responding to spam, which has been reported. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

No luck for me yet in the US

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just set it myself, all sorted!

I think this may be sorted now in the UK

It looks like it is fixed, yes!

I think this may be sorted now in the UK

31112711 - Speaker “Bedroom” doesn’t show under Alexa enabled

This is super frustrating. I bought a pair of Era 300 units to replace a pair of Play:3 units because they had Alexa support integrated. But without being able to associate the Alexa device with a room it’s kinda useless. I wasted a bunch of time troubleshooting this. I live in California, USA. Diagnostic id is 397887563. Here are some screenshots showing that Main Bedroom Sonos is an Alexa device but can’t be associated with a room.

Sonos needs to fix this. Obviously it works with roam and move. Even if it’s an “Amazon issue” other speakers from the same company work fine - so does Bose FYI. 

Only my Roam and Beam appear as an Alexa enabled device. The Era 100 “Bedroom” does not.

Badge

Same problem for me with an Era 300, from Spain.

Hope this gets fixed soon. I switched to Alexa because the Era doesn’t support Google Assistant. Disappointing to find that the integration doesn’t actually work right.

Userlevel 2
Badge

My diagnostic number: 1515374376

My Era100 is positioned in my kitchen, trying to add to it to a group called ‘downstairs’, the device itself is called ‘Kitchen’.

You can see my 2 ‘Sonos Ones’ do appear, but they are in there own groups in different bedrooms.

Diagnostic number: 1725967583

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kirk33 

The Alexa code is not ours to alter so we cannot work on it, but we are working together with Amazon regarding the issue. We cannot give you a progress update.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

A big Thank You to all who submitted diagnostics!

We have enough to work with now.

Corry, can you confirm if the developers are actively working on this? And can you please give us a progress update?

Or you just don’t want any more reports cause it’s getting embarrassing now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

A big Thank You to all who submitted diagnostics!

We have enough to work with now.

Experiencing the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks, @CesarDzMs!