Answered

Alexa volume issue since 12.1

Userlevel 3

Hi folks,

I’m experiencing issues related to the volume of Alexa since the Sonos update to 12.1. I’m using a surround setup with one Sonos Beam and two Sonos Play:1 in my living room. Since a few years, the Alexa response volume was just static and not related to the music volume set by Sonos. This was a good thing because you could listen to music in very low volume while you could talk to Alexa and get a normal, relatively loud response.

Since 12.1, the Alexa volume seems to be related to the overall speaker volume. Now when the volume is set maybe between 1-20%, it is just impossible for me to communicate with Alexa because her responses are extremely quiet. I can only start to understand her again when the volume slider is maybe at 25-30% or higher, but then of course the music is also proportional louder, which is not good.

Is there any way to set the Alexa volume independent of the music volume?

Thank you very much in advance.

icon

Best answer by nabheet 28 December 2020, 04:57

View original

127 replies

Spoke with Sonos support and they've been able to repro this issue and escalate a bug to engineering, but said it won't get prioritized for resolution until more users file tickets complaining about it.

Moderator Note: Recorded and removed Case number. Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

If you make the process as cumbersome  as possible to file an issue or complaint, you will never have any issues! People will just take it for granted.

Big companies seem to have this stategy, make it as hard as possible: and "we will need more people to report the issue".

It's a strategy, and it works.

Well done Sonos.