Answered

Connecting wireless hard drive

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Badge

Amplifi sent this article about bridge mode, which is what your tech said I needed.

To put the AmpliFi router in bridge mode, please refer to this article https://help.amplifi.com/hc/en-us/articles/220979347-Enabling-Bridge-Mode 

Badge

Corry

The hard drive is connected by the ethernet cable.  And version 2 seems to connect to the drive, it’s just telling me that the path I’m entering (the name of which is a bit of a guess) doesn’t exist.  Once it seemed to connect, but nothing appeared even after reorganizing the library.  Maybe that’s the SMB version?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ctfeher 

I think we were typing at the same time, but I took longer.

That is exactly what you need to do.

Badge

what does reserve IP addresses mean?

And does this mean you don’t think it’s the SMB issue?

Badge

I will try it and let you know.  But that doesn't answer the path question, does it?  Also, will that solve the problem with the units being connected to the Netgear booster?

Badge

OK, so I managed to get a hardwire into my Arc last night and everything seemed to work for an hour.  (The switching on the Arc was while watching TV, and sound was switching between Arc and TV speakers)

That is very good, but now I’m back to original problem, getting Sonos 2 to play from wireless hard drive.  Any ideas on next steps?  How can I get the right file path in there and see if that’s the problem or if it has to do with SMB issue?