Amp Backorder, is it actually shipping?

• 20 January 2022
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

I placed an order for 2 Sonos one SL’s on Dec 26. Gave me an estimate date of Jan 5. Still waiting on them. 

I’m not looking for the company to answer. I was more looking to see if anyone else would respond saying they’ve been waiting for month and that their ship date has been pushed multiple times. That would have given me a good idea of the likelyhood of receiving it or not any time soon. 

I ordered Arc, Sub, 2 One SL the day after US Thanksgiving.  The 2 One SL shipped/arrived a week before the estimated ship date, the Arc and Sub arrived on the est. ship date.

Others have seen the same items pushed to a later date, so it appears to be a roll of the dice.

I’m not looking for the company to answer. I was more looking to see if anyone else would respond saying they’ve been waiting for month and that their ship date has been pushed multiple times. That would have given me a good idea of the likelyhood of receiving it or not any time soon. 

Gotcha. I suppose it might (and I use that word cautiously) depend on the shipping company, rather than Sonos. And by that I mean the company that ships the devices from the manufacturing plant to the Sonos warehouse, not the company that takes the device from Sonos and delivers it to you. I can see a world in which the shipping companies are making promises that Sonos is passing on to us, and then when that promise is broken, Sonos is left “holding the bag” and has to send us emails. 

As to how many orders they have, as well as how many devices are to be delivered to them, it would seem odd to me to expect a company to publish that kind of information, since they’re in a competitive market, and other companies might be able to use that kind of intelligence.

I’m not happy about waiting, myself, for my Amp….but as I posted in a similar thread a week or so ago, I’m sanguine about being patient. I’m sure that Sonos is doing everything possible to sell product, they want to be a profitable company, so that both their investors, and employees are happy. But I don’t want them to continue to make promises to me that they don’t really know that they can’t keep, since they’ve already broken one ship date. I much prefer the “as soon as we can, we’ll let you know” aspect of that process. I just don’t want my expectations improperly set, especially if they don’t have control over the issues they’re faced with. 

No. It’s very simple. I’m trying to find out how long the wait will be. Are there 5 orders waiting ship or 5000?  It’s very vague to say, we will update when it’s ready to ship”. How long is that?  If they simply don’t have stock and haven’t had stock for months or a year and everyone is waiting then I’d like to know that 

I’m somewhat curious as to what you think may be happening here, @Guitarest . Do you expect that Sonos is holding back on selling items that physically exist in their warehouse?  

No, I believe this is the first occurrence of the shipping delay email that people saw recently.  And although I have not ordered anything recently to verify personally, people are still continuing to post about products they just received.

However, that doesn’t really say anything about when you’ll be getting your amp.

I get that I’m just trying to see if there are still people from 6-12 months ago or more still waiting based on that same email. 

Received the same email, which makes sense. If they’re having trouble getting items in to their warehouse to ship out, most people who have existing orders would be getting that email.

Likely due to the chip shortage, combined with the shipping issues from overseas which are mostly due to the pandemic. 

If you have some patience, I am certain that Sonos will ship us the items just as soon as they can, after all, they’re in business to make money, and wouldn’t want to hold on to purchased items longer than absolutely required for processing.