Amp Backorder, is it actually shipping?

• 20 January 2022
  • 34 replies

I ordered a Sonos amp 12/24. Ship date was supposed to be 1/14 but now they are saying it’s delayed and don’t know when it will ship. My question is has anyone actually been receiving their orders at all or does the ship date just keep getting pushed back for everyone?  I’ve noticed these expected ship dates being displayed for the last 6 months. Has anyone actually received one?  

34 replies

You would think with the amount of marketing their doing to push their old & new products they would have more inventory than it seems.  Been 3+ months waiting on an amp and unless I reach out to them to check on the status, zero communications from them.  I can see why their stock continues to tumble.

Following up from my earlier post, I have found two places online that have Amps in stock (and other Sonos items as well):

• BrandsMart USA - despite the unfortunate name, they had quite a bit of stock online (and in stores if you’re in GA or FL)
  • Datavision - also not a great name, but they had items in-stock as well when I checked over the weekend

What do you think @stylishfont is Sonos holding back on sales?

Userlevel 1

Similar issue. Now waiting on 2 Ones. Supposed to ship in September.  Then yesterday.  Didn’t happen. It’s getting annoying. I called them and they basically said it should have shipped yesterday but didn’t.  I think what annoys me most is lack of communication and poor communication. 

I ordered two Amps on 9/2 from a reseller (Adorama), estimated ship date was 9/15. Then the estimate changed to 9/30. Since today is 9/30, and it hasn’t shipped, I’m expecting further delays. I talked to Adorama and they said Sonos isn’t able to provide them with a new estimated ship date. On the Sonos site, they’re now estimating mid-November.

I recieved everything on time 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Reddit user recently posted a picture of a pallet of 100 Amps that just arrived, ordered in March. YMMV.

If you call up they will give you a discount 

I get that I’m just trying to see if there are still people from 6-12 months ago or more still waiting based on that same email. 

I ordered the amp on may 15 and now sept 8 still waiting 

I ordered an amp early May.  Here's a lengthy email response I got yesterday: 

We’re sorry to let you know that there was a delay in shipping your items. This is due to the recent system update that we are currently experiencing. Because of this, we failed to ship out items as we promised. Although there are still features that we’re still working on, we're happy to let you know that our system that assigns orders for shipping is up and running. 

Orders are now moving and we can guarantee you that once we dispatch your order, you'll get an email containing your tracking details. 

We apologize for the delay in shipping this item to you and we understand that this is important. We would like to seek your patience as we are still catching up with the backlogs we currently have because of the system update that we have.

We are sorry that you had to experience this and I know you are excited to get your speaker. I'd just like to let you know that we had an update of our system and we only started shipping items back on May 4. Orders placed prior to this will still have priority as inventory restocks and becomes available for the item/s on the order, we're truly sorry for any inconvenience.

We are currently tending to all orders with urgency. In addition, we have expedited all orders impacted by the system update and our warehouse is working double time ensuring all items are shipping on time. 

I just got a shipping confirmation email today. So take that fwiw.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

When I was looking at ARCs in the UK, they were £100 cheaper and next day delivery from a few retail chains (and in stock).

Oh dear . . .

I ordered an amp early May.  Here's a lengthy email response I got yesterday: 

We’re sorry to let you know that there was a delay in shipping your items. This is due to the recent system update that we are currently experiencing. Because of this, we failed to ship out items as we promised. Although there are still features that we’re still working on, we're happy to let you know that our system that assigns orders for shipping is up and running. 

Orders are now moving and we can guarantee you that once we dispatch your order, you'll get an email containing your tracking details. 

We apologize for the delay in shipping this item to you and we understand that this is important. We would like to seek your patience as we are still catching up with the backlogs we currently have because of the system update that we have.

We are sorry that you had to experience this and I know you are excited to get your speaker. I'd just like to let you know that we had an update of our system and we only started shipping items back on May 4. Orders placed prior to this will still have priority as inventory restocks and becomes available for the item/s on the order, we're truly sorry for any inconvenience.

We are currently tending to all orders with urgency. In addition, we have expedited all orders impacted by the system update and our warehouse is working double time ensuring all items are shipping on time. 

I expect all depends on the chip shortage internationally, and the ongoing shipping issues. 

I *think* Sonos does their best to be realistic, in order to manage expectations, but I think even they can be caught out by unforeseen events. 

Oh no, I just ordered 3 amps yesterday with the impression they would ship by anticipated date shared by Sonos; October. Looks like I need to adjust my expectations after reading this. 

Now I finally understand by they’re +$200 on eBay. You want it now? You have to pay for it!

I ordered two on 04/30/22, expected to ship from 06/24/22. Clearly that didn’t happen. I keep thinking it’s imminent, but based on what you all are saying and experiencing, I don’t think I’ll have them even by the October date they’re advertising for new orders as of today.

Why don’t they just update the delivery estimates to be realistic? No way they’re delivering new orders for October right now.

All the CEO and leadership team are getting is a bunch of pissed off people. This is uncharacteristically Sonos, to me. Grrrrrr.

Got an update on my Sonos Amp order from January 2022 today - delayed again until at least September 2022! Seems like Sonos is backlogged by about a year right now.

Ordered 9 amps in mid April. Sonos has blown through 3 promised ship dates. Beyond frustrated. 

Same problem – I ordered a Sonos Amp on January 24th, 2022, and am still waiting for my unit to be delivered. Current ETA went from June, to July, now probably August – 8 months from order to (projected) delivery!

I ordered an Amp on 4/3/22 - still waiting.  For Current orders, as of 6/6, it shows estimated ship date of Aug 26, 2022.  Crazy!

I ordered 2 amps on 12/21 and had the same 1/14 ships from date as you. Received the same email you did. Still waiting as well.

I ordered a set of the One SL speakers in October 2021 with an “earliest” ship date of 1/04/22.

I still have not received the speakers, nor any shipping confirmation. Emailed Sonos Support to gather any information, and they did all but encourage me to cancel my order. 

Oh great. The ones I purchased were refurbished so I guess I’ll be waiting at least another month. 

I ordered a set of the one SL speakers in white on 11/3/21 with a ship date of 01/04/22, still have not received them, heard from them on 01/09 in an answer to my question on order status and was basically told... backorders would be shipped out first once they receive them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I ordered two Amps in August and received them in November, so there is definitely not a year’s worth of backlog.