Answered

Volume levels too high after 15.2 update

Show first post

170 replies

Right. Sonos surely controls Apple’s engineering efforts, or has access to making code changes on Apple’s servers. Got it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The ‘fix’ needs to occur on Apple’s side. Sonos engineers don’t have the ability to make changes on Apple’s servers. 

It’s irrelevant where the fault lies. Sonos is our service provider and they’ve broken their service and not fixed it for 3 months and counting. 

Glad I found this thread. Not glad I found it AFTER I woke up half the house. Apparently still an issue. 

I just can’t love Sonos. 

The ‘fix’ needs to occur on Apple’s side. Sonos engineers don’t have the ability to make changes on Apple’s servers. 

Still not fixed. Best Service! 

Userlevel 2

Still not fixed after 15.5 update……..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Still not fixed in 15.5. It’s been 3 months now. 

It’s really unusual, I’m not experiencing this at all. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Still not fixed, still unable to use my Sonos system like I have done for the past 10 years. What on earth are Sonos doing!?

Am experiencing the same issue (w/ Apple Music only which is the music service I use 98% of the time).

Tried all of the solutions proposed in threads above (removing/re-adding Apple Music, reseting system, power cycling speakers, deleting/re-installing Sonos app on both Mac and iPhone) however none of these “solutions” worked.  

Am leaving this comment so that hopefully Sonos gives greater weight to fixing this issue and so that I can be notified of future threads.

I was going to upgrade my speakers but If this isn’t fixed soon I will have to seriously consider an alternative to Sonos!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Still isn’t fixed in update 15.4. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Absolutely ridiculous that this isn’t fixed yet. Still can’t use my speakers properly due to this issue. 

It’s entirely possible that this isn’t a Sonos issue to ‘fix’, since it’s not equally affecting all services. It may be that Sonos has passed on the information to Apple, who needs to make an adjustment on their servers, and Sonos can’t force them into assigning an engineer to do so. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

How has this not been fixed yet?  It’s been a month and I’m still having the same issue.  My Sonos speakers that I’ve always used for background music when I have friends over are all but worthless now.  Volume at level 1 is still WAY too high on many songs, but is just fine on others.  Absolutely ridiculous that this has gone on as long as it has for a system that I’ve spend multiple thousands of dollars building.  Starting to think about jumping ship and going with another system entirely.  

Userlevel 2

i’m generally a big supporter of Sonos...this is an unacceptable mistake by them.  i have 8 Sonos speakers in the house.  there are now useless (no hyperbole) for dinner music, work music or morning yoga all of which cover around 85% of my use case.  Fix this and notify users ASAP.

Userlevel 1

Talked to the support just now. They are aware of the problem now and they are working on a solution whithout any time for when its done.

Userlevel 1

On monday I will order 3 Apple HomePod and start lleaving Sonos. I dont see any other solution if Sonos dont see the problem. Anyone who have better suggestions on speakers?

I’m new to Sonos and very much an Apple fan, having multiple products over the years.  Undoubtedly the Era 300s are far superior to Homepods.  I have two black second generation Homepods just two months old if you’re serious about buying some.  Also got an older White original model.

I cannot buy another Sonos-product when I have to leave Sonos. Thanks for the offer but I want white.🤗

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

On monday I will order 3 Apple HomePod and start lleaving Sonos. I dont see any other solution if Sonos dont see the problem. Anyone who have better suggestions on speakers?

I’m new to Sonos and very much an Apple fan, having multiple products over the years.  Undoubtedly the Era 300s are far superior to Homepods.  I have two black second generation Homepods just two months old if you’re serious about buying some.  Also got an older White original model.

Userlevel 1

Hi all, funny thing! I just updated to 15.3 yesterday and the volume of the sub has lowered! Before I had a great sounds with +1 volume level for the sub. Now I have to adjust it to +10 voor same sound quality. one SL are louder then before. Before they were at 0 level now I have to set them to -2. Spoke with Sonos about it, the don’t see a problem……

sounds was great before the update 😣

Same issue here specifically Apple Music

I’d recommend that call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m new to Sonos but am now having problems with my Era 300 pair.  Whether I use Apple or Amazon Music I have volume problems, too low and then increases by itself?  This is through Sonos App.  Also AirPlay erratic for both services with one speaker seemingly becoming disconnected according to message in App.  Elsewhere it reports an excellent connection?  Very odd and not good at all.

Or perhaps the fix wasn’t ready, and there wasn’t time to test it for this release, which may have been ‘locked in’ long before they started looking at the issue?