Answered

Lost A Room On the Sonos App

• 15 December 2014
  • 144 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I have the same issue. I have 3 rooms set up and they have been working fine for over a year and a half. I made no changes to anything and last week one room dropped out and this week 2 rooms are gone. I have rebooted both speakers and the connect unit and nothing. Diagnostic confirmation number is 7089865
This looks mostly like high interference on the BOOST. This is going to affect it's ability to connect to the rest. Follow the instructions on this article and then restart the dropped rooms at the power.

I too am having a similar issue. I have three sons products linked to my account, but one of my play1 players as completely disappeared from my app. I have tried a hard reset and rebooted my internet rooter, but still no luck. Diagnostic number 7091590. Thanks
Your network and WiFi look to be okay. I would try that factory again, following these steps and try to add the player in a location in which you are certain the WiFi signal is strong. I can't see any wireless extenders or boosters there, but if you do have them, it's a good idea to switch them off while trying this. If that does not work, then it would be best to call our support line.

We have the same issue. Installed a new router and after that our play 1 wont reconnect. Diagnostic confirmation number 7092611
Try just restarting the PLAY:1 at the power. If that doesn't help,can you try connecting the PLAY:1 directly to the router with an Ethernet cable and then sending us a new diagnostic with it like this?

I lost one of my three rooms recently after 3 years, and 3 months after the most recent reconfiguration. I rebooted all connects and routers. Diagnostic confirmation number is 7095938.
Is this player connected by Ethernet cable? If it is, please describe your network and what it connects to. You may want to try a reset on it and see if it will add back in via the 'Add a Player or SUB' menu under Settings in the app.Please send us a new diagnostic and reply here with the number if you manage to get it added back in. Otherwise, we may need to get you on the phone to investigate this in more detail. You can find our contact details for your region at www.sonos.com/contact

Sorry, that was my BRIDGE I disconnected, and not a CONNECT.
With the BRIDGE out, the system will be connecting in a very different way; you may have configured it to join the Eero system. Send us a new diagnostic if you've had any more trouble now the BRIDGE is out. Please reply back here with the number if you need us to look at it.
Hi, i've lost a room with a pair of Play 1's. Diagnostics submitted 7319948
I'm having the same problem. Diagnostic number 7339210
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello melbourne_massive & SDS,

Hi, I've lost a room with a pair of Play 1's. Diagnostics submitted 7319948

After reviewing your diagnostic report, I can see the left side of the stereo pair in the Kitchen has lost it's IP address from the router. Commonly power cycling a player should allow it to re-engage your home's router and acquire an IP address which will enable it to start communicating with your network. The other item I noticed is that you have your home's wireless network information loaded into Sonos which is not needed. When the player comes back online follow the steps below from your Android device to remove the network information.

Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup > Reset

Please feel free to follow back up with a diagnostic report for review if the steps I mentioned do not resolve the issue

I'm having the same problem. Diagnostic number 7339210

I was able to see you reached out to our Customer Care Center by phone for assistance. If you are still in need of any help, please let us know.
Same problem, lost one speaker. Have unplugged and rebooted router with no luck. Diagnostic 7494887
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, thekateowen. Welcome to the community. The issue is quite clear, you are using multiple WiFi access points which can cause a range of issues. Please see here for advised fixes. Thanks.
Hello, I am having the same issue all of a sudden and my diagnostic number is 7570596. I have a Play 1,3,5 and all of a sudden the 3 keeps disappearing. Twice now. The 1 has been stopping music suddenly today as well. All has been seamless until now. Thanks!
Hey Jeff,

Same problem here, tried rebooting it before, and then it works for a few days, but the same thing keeps happening

Diagnostics 7594274
Ive lost a room too. Others in the house have it. Diagnostic code is 7620866..any advice
Same thing for me. It keeps happening, I can usually reboot and find the speaker again, but not this time. My play 5 is missing for a week. 7636092
I am having the same issue, i have lost connection with the family room on our Sonos controller. My diagnostics is 7658243
Userlevel 2
I am having the same issue. My diagnostic confirmation number is 7671626.
Thank you
I've lost a Play 5 speaker. Have tried restarting the speaker and the router a few times without success. Diagnostic number 7691000. Thanks.
A room disappeared on the app. Diagnostic number is 7705654
My Connect (which is the line-in for my record player) often disappears, and now my room with Playbase, sub, and two Play 1's has disappeared. I've rebooted the router, and rebooted all of the individual speakers with no help. Diagnostic information number is 7763443.
Lost my family room. Diagnostic 7825065.
i'm having the same problem. suddenly our Play5 (gen2) has disappeared. I've rebooted the player, the router and changed the wireless channel and nothing. I even heard the chime over and over again but it would not connect. Then i connected the player to the router via ethernet and it connected, only to lose it again once i moved it back into it's original place. very frustrating that a player that has worked perfectly for a long time suddenly is not usable. help plz diagnosics 7835673
If it works fine while wired with an ethernet cable, but not while on ethernet, I'd suggest that the wifi card in it has failed. Your best bet is to contact Sonos directly, at www.sonos.com/contact Replacements generally aren't dealt with here in these forums.
Hi, I lost a room too, can't get it back... submitted diag#7851591
thanks