Sonos Roam - Battery drain

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

278 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

…..

Is there any way, whilst charged, to fully power these devices off without them continuing to drain the battery?

You can fully power off by holding the power button for 5 seconds. That reduces battery drain but not tested how much. @jpsmilli 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I know you like your Roam Ken and certainly get more life out of it than most/any but 1-2% drain per day on a powered off li-ion device is way higher than normal (and most seem to get more drain than that).

If I fully power off my tablet it will be on 99 or 100% a week later. Always.

Funnily enough I just bought a battery ‘boost' thing for the car as it struggled to start sometimes through lack of use.  They claim it should be on 70% after 12 months.

I know you like your Roam Ken and certainly get more life out of it than most/any but 1-2% drain per day on a powered off li-ion device is way higher than normal (and most seem to get more drain than that).

If I fully power off my tablet it will be on 99 or 100% a week later. Always.

Funnily enough I just bought a battery ‘boost' thing for the car as it struggled to start sometimes through lack of use.  They claim it should be on 70% after 12 months.

Unfortunately I’m away from Home for a family Birthday party tomorrow night and my Roam is not fully charged at the moment, but what I will do next week, when I get chance @sjw is I will charge my Roam to 100% take a screen-grab showing the time/date and power it off and will switch it back-on 24 hours later and take another screen-grab showing its battery loss - you’ll just have to take my word that I haven’t charged it in-between. My experience when I first had the Roam and did that test was I was losing on average 2% per day  …and I have no reason to lie about the battery-loss I saw in those tests.

The self discharge rates are mentioned in this Wikipedia article and this of course is dependent on environment temperature…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_battery

i will just leave my powered off Roam on a table in the Dining Room, but you’ll just have to wait till I get a chance to be at home to do this.