Question

Playbar and two Play.1 surround sound not working while watching tv

• 2 December 2014
  • 82 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

82 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Disco, 
We'd be happy to help. Can you also send me a diagnostic number? I'd be happy to check it out.
Thanks,
Lesli
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Billy, 
My apologies for the long response time. I wanted to check in and see if you are still having problems. 
From you diagnostic, it looks like the connection for your 5.1 set up is stable. Can you check and see if your "TV Auto-Play" is enabled? When TV Autoplay is set to On, TV audio automatically plays through the PLAYBAR when you turn on your television—if music is playing when the TV is turned on, the music immediately stops and the PLAYBAR switches to TV audio. Additionally, if the PLAYBAR is in a room group when the TV is turned on, it automatically drops from the group. 

Using a handheld Sonos controller 
  1. From the Settings menu, select Room Settings.
  2. Select the room the PLAYBAR is located in.
  3. Select TV Setup and Control -> TV Autoplay.
  4. Select On or Off.
Using the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC 
  1. Select Manage > Settings (PC) or Sonos -> Preferences (Mac).
  2. Select Room Settings if it is not already highlighted on the left.
  3. Choose the room the PLAYBAR is located in from the Room Settings for drop-down.
  4. Select the TV Setup tab.
  5. Check the TV Autoplay checkbox to turn this setting on, uncheck to turn it off.
  6. Close the Settings window when changes are complete.
Thanks Billy,
Lesli 
Userlevel 2
Good evening, I'm having a similar problem - grateful for you help please.  I've just installed two new Play 1s to go with my playbar and have completed the setup but they are not producing any surround sound.  Any ideas please?
Thank you. My diagnostic # is 4182428. Yes my sub is connected to my router via an Ethernet cable .
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi Billy, 

We'd be happy to help. Could you take a diagnostic, and reply here with the confirmation number? I'd like to take a closer look at your system. Also, can you confirm that you have one piece of your Sonos system hardwired to the router?

Thanks so much, Lesli
Userlevel 3
Badge
Silly question but have you tried turning up the level of the surround speakers. The effect of the surround is very subtle on some channels.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Sometimes when I turn on my TV there is no sound from my PlayBar and two Play 1's - I just switch TV off and on and that sorts the problem, give it a try but not a solution as to why this happens.