My sonos play 5 doesnt finish playing full songs

• 21 April 2013
  • 60 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

60 replies

This is also happening to me while playing music from iPhone.
I have this happen all the time. I am using a NAS device for my music. I powered everything off and restarted but same condition. My diagnostic # is 3181196
Sent diagnostic info. This is my confirmation #: 3181178 Please help!
I'm having the same issue. (Sonos only plays a portion of the song... about a minute, sometimes less, sometimes more... then skips to the next song.) Will someone from Customer Service respond if I submit a diagnostic report?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello Scott, I would use the instructions to run the diagnostic as requested of the other customer please, and respond with the confirmation number for the diagnostic. Also try the second test please and let me know how the iDevice using the line in and not the iDevices Wi-Fi connection.
Hello - We are having the same issue with our Sonos. Songs randomly end and skip to the next song. It's anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple minutes into the song.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hello Mike, If you can please follow MikeV's instructions and submit a diagnostic of your SONOS System. Please respond with the confirmation number for the diagnostic. Answer Title: Submit System Diagnostics Answer Link: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142 Are you getting the same playback issues over SONOS with other sources? So if you use the Music Library or the Music Services do you experience the same playback issues? One test would be to connect the iDevice to an available line in connector in SONOS. Run a cable from the iDevice to a SONOS Component, and under the sources in SONOS choose Line In. See if the audio playback is any better when it is hardwired. Answer Title: Using the Line-In on a Sonos Player Answer Link: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Ok... the next step would probably be to submit a diagnostic report to Sonos, then reply here with the confirmation number. This will give Sonos a bunch of information about your system, which they can use to hopefully determine the cause of this skipping. For more info on submitting a diagnostic report, see this support article: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
Hi Mike, thanks for getting back to me. They stop just over the half way mark usually, so with a minute or two left till the end. I am playing directly from the music on my my iPhone and there is a good wireless signal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Are the songs cutting off near the end (i.e. with 10 seconds or less remaining) or just randomly in the middle? Are you playing the songs directly from your iPhone, or are you just using your iPhone as a controller, and the songs are playing from your computer? Do you have a good wireless signal to your iPhone?