My sonos play 5 doesnt finish playing full songs

• 21 April 2013
  • 60 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

60 replies

I see these comments are from 3 years ago, but currently I have the same problem, actually I already had this problem and figured I might solve it with buying a Boost but that didn't change anything. And now for the last few days every song is cut of early, diagnositic # 7174447, I hope you can help me out because this is extremely frustrating
I was experiencing the same problem. This issue rectified itself with a Sonos software upgrade three weeks ago. NOTE: I have not upgraded to Mavericks -- I run OS 10. Make sure you have the latest software update.
If Sonos was a public listed company, I suspect that the shares would have fallen dramatically. There's clearly a significant problem, and I'm regretting the purchase of the Sonos system. It's not the wifi connection and submitting diagnostics reports gets one no-where. Sonos - where are you? We can't hear you.
My system worked fine for over a year. I updated to Mavericks and it started exhibiting these kinds of problems. Logs say can't play songs due improperly encoded files - these used to work just fine - and network connection speed insufficient to maintain playback buffer. The netwrok connection should not be the issue since I'm not streaming off the internet but accessing my hard drive on a conmputer with the same exact ocnfig that worked for over a year with now problems. Diag # 3228967 The only thing that changed was my OS upgrade and I suppose iTunes along with it, but Sonos claims to not have compatibility issues with Mavericks. This is clearly a problem you guys need to get to the bottom of. Fine, maybe Apple broke you with their upgrade, it won't be the first time Apple (Microsoft or Google for that matter) has broken third party apps in the interest of their porgress. But it is entirely falacious and disingenuine to claim there is not problem.
Would like to hear a response at least, not to mention a fix. This is poor from sonos.
Would like to hear a response at least, not to mention a fix. This is poor from sonos.
Having the same problem, playing them from the sonos app on my iPhone 5 they sometimes finish the whole song, otherwise it skips to the next at around 30 seconds to a minute. Diagnostic confirmation number is: 3226330
Same problem. Just bought system yesterday and updated software. I'm in an apartment complex and suspect it could be channel interference causing Sonos to register a "skip forward" command. Would be nice to see a response given the number of people seeing this problem.
Your confirmation number is: 3210553
Same as above. How about some simple instructions for a fix or perhaps an update!
Sonos just stops mid way through the radio playing. Incredibly frustrating. Diagnostic #: 3206201
Same issue here. I play music from an NAS and keep getting the same error message that the music is not encoded properly. Diagnostic number 3206195 Not good!
The problem resolved when I switched to faster internet provider
Same problem since i play from amazon cloud player and spotify. Never had the problem before latest update and playing songs that are saved on ipad. Please help asap, soon having a big party, will be bad reputation for sonos, if it doesnt work by then. 3205870.
Same here, (2x play5 in stereo-mode) and 1x play3. Songs are cutted of randomly when I play them from Spotify, NAS or iDevice...and go the next in the playlist. Doesn't happen all the time, but too often to get very annoying and frustrating.... Have restarted all my devices including router and modem a few times and today's update of the controller didn't bring a solution either... Diagnose number: 3199527
I'm having all the same issues and errors using my new SONOS system (Play 5). My diagnostic test is 3199027. Please help. Thank you.
Song plays for about 30 seconds, then I get an error message, "Unable to play -- the track is not encoded correctly." Doesn't play anything after that. This is from an iPad used as a controller playing music off of a NAS. MAC OSX 10.7.5 Diagnostic Number: 3198544
Having the same issue as well. Diagnostic Number: 3198543
I'm having a similar problem when I use my Android phone as a controller to play music from my iTunes library, which resides on my PC laptop. Song plays for about 30 seconds, then I get an error message, "Unable to play -- the track is not encoded correctly." Doesn't play anything after that. Diagnostic: 3196602. Thanks for your help!
problem!! super annoying, it just switches to the next song way too soon. listening from the laptop. Diagnostic no 3195189 Cheers
Hey, I'm having exactly the same problem whether playing from my NAS drive or from my iPhone. It's really spoiling my enjoyment of music and is very annoying. I have previously sent error reports and rebooted my whole system but it's still happening. Please help.
Hey Sonos - a bunch of seem to have this issue. How about a solution?
Same here for my Play 5 D# 3189240
Same exact issue here. Brand new Playbar - usually hear about 10-90 seconds of a song before it either stops playing or skips to the next track (sometimes in the middle of the next track). Diagnostic number: 3181873
Same problem here on brand new Sonos. DIagnostic number: 3181765 - Good wifi signal. - Happens to both internet radio and music on iPhone. - Play5 + Bridge Can you someone please let me know what to do? Thanks! ilan PS I was going to test changing the wireless channels as instructed in another help thread, but don't see the option where it should be on the iPhone controller: Music >> Settings >> Advanced Settings >> ???? (Wireless channel)