Answered

Sonos Move disappearing on Airplay

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

I would also reset one of the moves in the process somewhere - sorry, this is all just guess work for the most part...

HungryWookie, Sonos released the 14.10 update that seems to fix the issue with the Move boxes. Please make sure to update the Move firmware once you update the app. The firmware update can be manual or automatic, depending on your settings. I prefer to manually update it.

I would also reset one of the moves in the process somewhere - sorry, this is all just guess work for the most part...

Maybe try this to fix the duplicate entries…

• Remove the Moves from Apple Home(Kit) and remove any voice assistants from the devices too (if relevant).
  • Factory reset each Move, that’s as long as they are not your only devices in the Sonos HH, as you don’t want to lose your current system setup.
  • Leave them all off the system and check in the Discovery App that both are gone from the list.
  • Reset the iDevice controller Network Settings and reestablish its connection back to the local WiFi Network
  • Next, add the Moves back to the Sonos system one at a time with their chosen unique names.
  • Add back any required voice assistants SVC, Alexa etc. If using Alexa, check that each Move is correctly restored to its Alexa Enabled Groups (if using those groups).
  • Also add each Move back to the Home(Kit) App as an ‘accessory’ and put them into a chosen Room, as required. If HomeKit doesn’t find the Move as an accessory initially, try putting it in standby and then waking it up again (that usually fixes any discovery issues).
  • Check that each Move then has a unique address in the mentioned Discovery App.

Perhaps see if that resolves any Move device (re)naming issues.