Answered

Roam Won't Turn On... I've tried the "hold the button for 12 sec"

Show first post

52 replies

Oh dang it. I clicked the check mark to indicate I did that. This hasn't been answered. 

I am using a stronger charger to try that

I called and waited on hold for 45 min. They suggested the charger

Is the charger PD certified and if so, what is the power output (Volts x Amps?). If not sure, maybe post a screenshot of the charger info. printed on the device. You ideally need at least 5v x 2A = 10watts to get the Roam going. I personally tend to use 5v x 3A = 15 watts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Ken_Griffiths , I’m not sure why you keep mentioning PD chargers though, it’s just a (fast) charging standard and every other ‘quality’ charger that can deliver at least 10W will be fine.  It doesn’t matter that the output of the Sonos charger is below what is shown on the base of the Roam - which isn’t a ‘limit’ related to what should be connected at all - it’s simply the limit the Roam will charge at.  Connecting chargers with outputs higher (PD or not) is completely irrelevant (and safe) as it will support 5V - the Roam takes what it needs and no more.

PD as a standard is able to safely deliver pretty high power output - and the Roam doesn’t need a fraction of this.

Hopefully Roam 2 will have much quicker charging speeds and be able to take advantage of these higher outputs - the Roam is a good way from those with a limit of 15W.