Move constantly goes offline

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Thanks. This seems to work, I’ve found that I can switch between wifi just for my phone (blue light) whereas if I push the bluetooth mode again (white light) I’m back on the Sonos S2 app. Everything feels in more control. Thanks for your help on this because I’ve alwasy been a big fan of Sonos and wanted to keep the product.

1085063524 submitted this morning 11:32am while Sonos Move (finally) operational after once again resetting router and rebooting everything 

1500010893 submitted this evening at 8:42pm when the unit unexpectedly went offline again

Thank you  

I am having the same issue diagnostics number 237700310 please help ASAP as this is very disappointing to have to keep restarting my Move. 

Same thing happening with me. Need to reset every single day. No other wifi issues in the house and it sits two feet away from a hub, pc in the same room has zero issues. Seriously regretting this purchase.

Diagnostic number 529759958

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am having all of these issues too!!

..it’s a pain and am getting fed up to the point of returning the Move..

Constantly going offline, skipping  songs, stopping playing and then resuming etc etc..

Also wont play songs on my NAS on lots of occasions...

is this a known defect that is being worked on?

diagnostic 1579410171

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am having all of these issues too!!

..it’s a pain and am getting fed up to the point of returning the Move..

Constantly going offline, skipping  songs, stopping playing and then resuming etc etc..

Also wont play songs on my NAS on lots of occasions...

is this a known defect that is being worked on?

diagnostic 1579410171

How do I know if this diahnostic has been looked at?

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @technophobe.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

I suggest checking this article base on the diagnostic report you submitted theirs some wifi interference in your area were the Sonos move is placed. 

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

I’m not sure if this has been said but I had the same issue and it was because my Moves were connecting to an old network I was no longer using. After going into my system settings and deleting the unused network the problem was resolved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Reaperke & @JPerry 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mezzeta 

The Support Assistant is there to assist with simple fixes, like rebooting devices or the network. If it is unable to help, it will redirect you to an agent who will assist further. This is so that more agents are available to assist with less-easy-to-fix issues.

Hi @AlAdams 

It sounds like there’s a networking or environmental issue at play. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Is this still being followed, no clear solution seems listed and I've been seeing the same issue occuring more and more on my move as well while my other 10 Sonos products work flawlessly since putting in a Sonos boost before move would crash all speaker connections when it started acting up, now rest remains functional albeit in a somewhat faux offline state, not being detected by the app but continuing to play.

Diagnostics 529015066

Connecting over google nest wifi so no ability to set router specific settings mentioned earlier in this topic.

Would appreciate the assist to get this solved

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

I have basically the same issue as most of you folks, the Move keeps dropping out playing music, either powered or on the battery.

About a year ago I ordered one, and it did the same thing when I got it, and returned it.  After a few months I thought I’d try it again and ordered another one.  Worked at first, for a month or so, and then started with the same issues after a Sonos update.

Tried just about everything I read on this site and others, nothing solved the problem.  Nothing wrong with my home network, hardly anything on it.  Tried both 2.4 and 5G, only 5G, only 2.4, dedicated channel after wifi analysis, with only the Move on that channel and only my 2.4 boost network running, same results.  I’ve worked over 30 years in the networking business, so I think I know what I’m doing. 

So, it just sits gathering dust, until this week when I tried it again.  Seems even worse now.  I offered it free to a friend, he didn’t want it.  Said why take it if I can’t get it working.  It is the only device in my home network that does not work properly.  All I wanted was to sit out on my deck and listen to some tunes.

Sonos is moving me to pretty much obsolete mode soon.  My 2 amps, 3 connects and boost are on their last legs with no more updates.  This last update obsoleted my Samsung S6 phone, and my Windows controller program cannot do any setup configuring any more.  At least I have a tablet that still gets updates and controls my system.  The only Sonos products I have that seem to have some future are my Sonos 3’s and a One if I move them to S2.  I see that Move users on S2 have lots of issues as well with Move, so why bother running both S1 and S2.  I would run both S1 and S2 if it fixed things.

I guess it’s been about 10 years that I have had Sonos and loved it.  This last year has really changed my mind on Sonos.  2020 was not the best year for lots of reasons. 

It seems that I face the same issue with my MOVE. I send today diagnostic #1402502033. This issue is very frustrating and happens as soon as installed this new speaker on my network (my other speakers - 2xSonos 1, 2xSonos 5 & 1xSub run without trouble)

Furthermore, it is pity that if you are a Sonos customer in France no support is available the weekend.  

Hi @Reaperke & @JPerry 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. Thanks.

The new ‘support assistant’ is horrific… at least before people answered and seemed to care.

I’ve had my Move since it first came out. 

It’s never worked as an expensive product coming from a large manufacturer should!!

I have 5 other Sonos products, all work without any problems. I’ve been down the diagnostic route countless times and get a different response each time. It’s always a fault my end though!! 

I’m sure I’ll get the standard response from this post of “Thanks for reaching out to …. Blah blah blah”. What I really need, and everyone else who owns one of these expensive paper weights, is a refund and admission from Sonos that there’s clearly a problem?!!! 

I’ve not met a single Move owner who is happy with the product!! 

After writing the above I thought I’d give it one more go. 
It’s now completely bricked!!!!

Can’t turn it on. And before some helpful soul says “Have you checked it’s got power?”, “Have you tried X, Y and Z?”

Yes,Yes and Yes!!  I have tried everything!!!!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Move goes into a power saving standby after 30 minutes when on battery.

I have no issue with Move dropping off when plugged in.

• The 'Move' can be put into standby/sleep mode, by a single quick press on the top rear power button.
  • The 'Move' can be powered off by a long (5+ second) press on the same power button.
  • The 'Move' running on battery seems to fall into 'standby/sleep mode' after approx. 30 minutes of inactivity. I don’t know if it then powers off completely, but suspect it would, particularly if the battery reaches a low point where it needs to be re-charged.
Userlevel 1

No repeaters per se, using Google WiFi mesh.  Tried with older Asus N router.  Diagnostic submitted conf number 1378467576 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @mrmikedcook,

Thank you for submitting your diagnostic report to us. 

Have you observed any change in behavior since submitting this data? Can you confirm that the player is fully charged and that the charging ring itself is plugged in completely when your Move drops out? 

Userlevel 1

Hello, 
          Thank you very much for reaching out.  I worked with Taylor on Thurs or Friday and after sending the diags and resetting the Move seems to be stable again.  I waited a few hours before adding Alexa voice services this time which is the only thing I can think of that was different.

The Move was always fully charged and the base was plugged into stable power which is the only way the reset process would work as it needs the power base during the reset process.

Here’s hoping it stays working.  I love the product when it works but a week of fighting with it was tough.

Thank you,

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi folks,

Thanks for chiming in. Please try to workaround this issue by rebooting all of your Sonos products in your system. We are gathering information on these occurrences and I recommend that you reach out to our support team  and start a troubleshooting ticket if the issue still persists.

Information collected through the troubleshooting process can help us target and resolve the issue since there is not yet a resolution.

Same issue here. Both Moves go offline as well as the Arc and 2 play ones set up in stereo .   Very frustrating having to spend so much time trying (and failing most times) to get these speakers working. I’ve owned Sonos for a few years and never had this problem. Guessing it’s an app issue. 
Companies tend to pour $ into new product development when they should be focused on making existing products work. Or, how about doing both. I have friends I’ve recommended Sonos to who hate how finicky they are. Can’t blame them. 

Userlevel 1

Hi folks,

Thanks for chiming in. Please try to workaround this issue by rebooting all of your Sonos products in your system. We are gathering information on these occurrences and I recommend that you reach out to our support team  and start a troubleshooting ticket if the issue still persists.

Information collected through the troubleshooting process can help us target and resolve the issue since there is not yet a resolution.

Hi Sebastian, I rebooted all my Sonos devices and they all re-connected except for the Move. I have set it back to factory setting again and again, and made sure my device is on the Wi-fi network that I want the Move to connect to ( all other devices are fine ).  But despite telling the Move the name of the Wi-fi network (which device I am setting up from is on) I keep getting “ Wi-fi connection problem Make sure this device is connected to the xxx network and try again.” I’ve done this 20 times now!
i am at my wits end with this. I have upgraded to latest software both with device (IPad and IPhone X).

why didn’t you put an Ethernet port on the Move?

i am really fed up with this and I want a full refund for the Move.

I have the same issue after 6 months without any problems to speak of (except one of the Sonos One units would not work unless I plugged it into the wired Google mesh pod).

Resetting Move unit to factory settings several times does not help.

At one time the only unit that was working was a wired Sonos One. All of a sudden that went offline as well and the other wireless units connected except for the Move.

As stated above I'm using Google Mesh. May that be part of the problem?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Understood, perhaps submit a diagnostic report with one of your units wired via Ethernet and another diagnostic when your Sonos devices go offline. Then take note of both confirmation numbers for comparison.