Move constantly goes offline

Userlevel 1

Is anyone else running into their Move going offline constantly?  I had it running for about a week or two switched the bridge and all Sonos appliances over to a new Wifi and now it goes offline constantly.  I tried bringing it back online on both old and new Wifi Networks and it won’t stay online on either.  Reset with the power, infiniti button onto charger whole nine yards get it to work for about 15-30min then it just stops and it is offline according to the app.

Now here’s the fun part I can tap the play button on the Move itself and it will play a station but I have NO control over the station or skipping and nothing from the app as it shows as offline.  It’s been about 4 days of this back and forth balogna and I just cant figure out what the heck is happening.  Been through every option I can find.  Using\not using True play, using\not using voice services updated the app and everything it’s maddening.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Reaperke & @JPerry 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. Thanks.

Hi @Reaperke & @JPerry 

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. Thanks.

The new ‘support assistant’ is horrific… at least before people answered and seemed to care.

Same issue here. Both Moves go offline as well as the Arc and 2 play ones set up in stereo .   Very frustrating having to spend so much time trying (and failing most times) to get these speakers working. I’ve owned Sonos for a few years and never had this problem. Guessing it’s an app issue. 
Companies tend to pour $ into new product development when they should be focused on making existing products work. Or, how about doing both. I have friends I’ve recommended Sonos to who hate how finicky they are. Can’t blame them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mezzeta 

The Support Assistant is there to assist with simple fixes, like rebooting devices or the network. If it is unable to help, it will redirect you to an agent who will assist further. This is so that more agents are available to assist with less-easy-to-fix issues.

Hi @AlAdams 

It sounds like there’s a networking or environmental issue at play. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

I plan to give them a call today. Finally got 6 of 9 speakers working then this morning one Move is off-line and one Play 1 isn’t working. 4 of 9 now.