Move constantly goes offline

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Badge

Interesting i have same issue with it going offline.  The issue is definitely the app because if i manually launch my music service, such as spotify, i can see the move as a choice to push the music to over wifi. the only way to get it back into the app is hard reset and rejoin which is quite annoying as it takes some time for even this to work. I have tried the “find your missing product” path also but when i click on the “join” button on the move it flashes for around 3 seconds then goes solid white so it’s never discovered to rejoin.

Has anyone been able to work this out? Have mine since July and not a day goes by without it going offline. 

Mine is practically useless. 

Just factory reseted it, and literally 5 minutes after it appears offline on the app. 

Please let me know if there's a work around or something cause I'm about to throw the thing out the window. 

Badge

I’ve pretty much given up. This is the second or third time I’ve posted about this topic and the answer from the manufacture is always that it’s my Wi-Fi network even though I have 30 other devices that are sitting on the same Wi-Fi network and I working perfectly fine. I had to reset, reboot, shut down and leave off for a number of hours and eventually it fixes itself with out any intervention. I will say that it was more stable on the previous version of software than the one that was recently released, as I think about it I don’t think I ever had these problems on the previous version.

My Move just went offline yesterday for the first time in the yearish that I’ve had it. Nothing seems to be working to get it back online. How is this not fixed. Seems like months since it was reported. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ggrant005.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community. I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Have you already tried to connect using bluetooth if yes how was it?

Have you tried a different controller to see if the move will reconnect on a different phone?

How about doing power cycle on the Sonos move?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.