Bluetooth on Roam

• 21 April 2021
  • 54 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’ll try firstly to set my wireless channel into my main  router hoping it would solve the matter, anyways, it’s been stable with Bluetooth playing content from YouTube, no audio  drop outs at all so far after a large reboot of my router an reinstalling the Sonos app   

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Answering your questions, my main network seems to be 2.4 gigahertz because we had the 5 gigahertz but it  was removed, it no longer appears in the list,  but my Roam is connected to the second network because it seems more reliable for it to work because I noticed it was having many issues with the main one, I don’t know why, is the strongest.

We have two networks because my house is too big, in the back we have a new building for guests, where we have a dining room/ kichen downstairs, and upstairs a music livingroom, 2 bethrooms and a bathroom, and there isn’t enough signal for the main router so we had to put a repeater, and yes, they have different names and different passwords, and I don’t know anything about the SSIDs, neither  the channel of my main network, but the Tech support noticed in a diagnostic that my Roam was using the channel 48 and 2.4 gigahertz, but I don’t know if my provided network has the ability to change the channels into either 1 6 or 11 which are the ones that Sonos recommends for minor wireless interference. 
Thanks for your kind help guys      

Hi. I’m a bit unclear.  Do you have one router, with a repeater / extender that creates a second network?  Or do you have two routers, and a third device (extender / repeater) that is part of one of those two networks?  Essentially, are there two or three devices?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi John and thanks for getting back to me

I have the modem and the router in my living room, the modem is a circular device with a LED on the top and Ethernet ports, and this is the one I’ve worked with, the modem that is the square with an Antenna, and the repeater in the guests building. I don’t know the models of these network devices, I need someone in my home  who can take a look at them, as well as changing the wireless channels and yes, the SSIDs are different too