Answered

Sonos Beam 2 lost connection with Samsung TV, which is connecting thru eARC

• 14 November 2023
  • 55 replies

Show first post

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It is never a bad idea to put your systems into manual update mode and let all the auto-update folks discover the problems. Waiting for them to be fixed and then doing the update can be a lot less frustrating. It is a lot more work though as you have to track the problem reports and fix status.

I’m too lazy for that these days, I’ll auto-update and live with any bugs that bite.

I have exactly this issue too.  Very frustrating - real dis incentive to upgrade/ change systems once you get a stability

Same issues here, I originally thought it may be my Apple TV remote, but I’ve since sold the Apple TV, reset the TV, PS5 and Sonos Beam 2 all to factory settings, the issue went away for a few weeks, but now back to doing it again.

When I turn the TV back on after a long period of time i.e going to sleep, the sound output switches to the TV speakers.

Only workaround I’ve found is to turn the power off the main power plug on the wall for all devices and leave it off for a few minutes and then turn it back on, usually sorts it out for another week or so!

If anyone has a permanent fix it would be greatly appreciated, never had this issue with my gen 1 beam, kind of annoying for a +£500 piece of kit that’s now after the return date.

I’ve reported the same issue, this is the case number. Not fixed after call, still just randomly looses the connection to the eARC, makes the cost of my upgrade to the Beam 2 rather pointless as now using optical cable.. I’ve also spoken to Samsung waiting for a response but not convinced it’s anything at their end as it worked fine when I first purchased it and I’ve not had any TV updates… please update me also once you have any feedback. 

Moderator edit: removed case number (identifying information)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @lmleung7, welcome to Sonos Community.

We are currently investigating an issue with the Sonos Beam (Gen2) losing the connection with some Samsung TVs after they come back from Standby mode, but I do not have an ETA to share..

The workaround as you mentioned would be to power-cycle the Sonos Beam or use the Optical Adapter.

Thank you for your patience.