S2 Update 14.12 Sub Issues

Show first post

84 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Nice work @ropfeil !

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I wonder if this has been done before the sale of the mini sub begins, since the mini sub can't handle those low frequency…

If that is the case and they are crippling systems to support new hardware then that doesn't bode well for the future.

I was looking at an Arc but not a chance after all the trouble people have been having since 14.06, and it just keeps getting worse.

They fixed the issue since 14.06.

Then apparently miss-tuned the sub in this new 14.12

Just the nature of patching - I don’t mind being bleeding edge (wading through bugs), but the idea with software updates is - if someone add’s features, don’t update till you see the patch that fixes those features ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I wonder if this has been done before the sale of the mini sub begins, since the mini sub can't handle those low frequency…

If that is the case and they are crippling systems to support new hardware then that doesn't bode well for the future.

I was looking at an Arc but not a chance after all the trouble people have been having since 14.06, and it just keeps getting worse.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

This is sad to read, I can’t say I have noticed the lower bass yet with my sub, as not watched any sub heavy material at a decent level.

But if this is indeed the case, why are recent updates releasing with these big bugs, sort it out Sonos!

Hi. I have the same problem after last update 14.12. After Trueplay I had to set Sub at +10 in order to hear barely some bass. These bugs could not happed in this price range. Now sonos sound like s…

hope they will fix it asap. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I also noticed that something is wrong with the sound after 14.12

I put the volume way higher than before and I still don’t get the same results that I used to.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It certainly seems possible that they introduced some undesirable side effects due to the number of complaints on Reddit about the anemic bass after the 14.12 update. I've never once bumped my sub level above "0" until the 14.12 update. Something seems broken.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for doing this analysis! It provides actual data to what many of us are experiencing. I have noticed that with trueplay off the system sounds better and closer to what it was before the update. But not quite as powerful still. Even with bass/sub audio all the way up.