Answered

Arc stops working with TV , was working fine

• 9 November 2020
  • 56 replies

Show first post

56 replies

You stated that “the same cable works with other devices”. Unless you’re talking about other ARC devices, there are unfortunately some cables that were produced before the introduction of ARC and don’t have the necessary connections to do ARC, as required by Sonos. And it’s even more unfortunate that most cables aren’t well labeled. I’m almost at a point where I want to throw away many of my HDMI cables, which are HDMI 1.2 or  HDMI1.4, and not HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1, and replace them with newer cables. But they work fine for video, and I’m such a hoarder…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Another reasonable step would be to ask Sonos for help. Have you done that?

You stated that “the same cable works with other devices”. Unless you’re talking about other ARC devices, there are unfortunately some cables that were produced before the introduction of ARC and don’t have the necessary connections to do ARC, as required by Sonos. And it’s even more unfortunate that most cables aren’t well labeled. I’m almost at a point where I want to throw away many of my HDMI cables, which are HDMI 1.2 or  HDMI1.4, and not HDMI 2.0 or HDMI 2.1, and replace them with newer cables. But they work fine for video, and I’m such a hoarder…..

The cable that was originally in use was HDMI 2.0, which should be arc compliant. Again, it worked for months before the unplug/replug seemed to throw it all off.

The other cables I have no idea, so true they could just be the wrong kinds. It was more of a last ditch effort by trying to replace each individual part that might be causing the errors. 

I’m going to order a new cable now just to be 100% certain it is not the cable before moving forward.

My Sonos Arc HDMI port was mysteriously broke down after working for only 3 weeks. I bought it just 3 weeks ago. I had other brands of sound bar and none of them had HDMI port failure. I wonder how many Sonos Arc users have experienced failed HDMI port.

My Sonos Arc has been working fine the last weeks but a few days ago the audio from TV stopped working? Seems like the Audio Return Channel function just stopped?

I still see the wallpaper from Sonos when I choose the HDMI - ARC source on the TV, but no audio.

I have tried all the regular stuff like unplugging the HDMI, cutting power and fiddled around in the TV settings.

TV: LG 65UH7700

Sonos Arc+sub

nothing else attached to the TV

This seems to be a similar issue that many people have, but I have found no definitive fix. Any ideas?

My Sonos Arc has been working fine the last weeks but a few days ago the audio from TV stopped working? Seems like the Audio Return Channel function just stopped?

I still see the wallpaper from Sonos when I choose the HDMI - ARC source on the TV, but no audio.

I have tried all the regular stuff like unplugging the HDMI, cutting power and fiddled around in the TV settings.

TV: LG 65UH7700

Sonos Arc+sub

nothing else attached to the TV

This seems to be a similar issue that many people have, but I have found no definitive fix. Any ideas?

I don’t know if anyone remembers the old school N64 or even earlier Nintendo systems. But the red white and yellow cables would always be difficult. You would have to jam a Lego piece a certain way so the male and female parts would catch and you would get picture and sound. That’s exactly what I did with my arc and it started working again. I pushed the hdmi cable in and bent just slightly so a better connection was made to the Sonos HDMI port. I used a rubberband to put some tension on it and give it tgat slight bend. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7

@DmSchofield Try unplugging the Arc, TV, and HDMI cable and redoing the setup process.