Sonos Beam low volume

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Submitted. TV is a Bravia Kdl50w829b. Using a Beam via hdmi arc and a pair of Play 1s
Did you submit the diagnostic that was asked for in the post before yours? If so, perhaps posting the number here so that this "Ryan" person can look at it might be helpful.
Closely following this also. Have same issue with Samsung.
Beam sounds fantastic when playing music via the App. Sound via TV is no improvement
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for sharing, everyone. We'd love to look into this with you. Think you can ;submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system when you have audio playing that you had to turn way up, and if you have any channels that are fine at lower volumes, can you also send a diagnostic with those playing?

Also, the model number of the TV you're working with would be great, and the source of the channel/content would be helpful.
Following. Same issue. I have Sony Bravia as well.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Also similar issue here, with a Samsung TV.
When using the cable setup box, sound level is a lot lower and less "wide" / powerfull than playing music.
Using the Netflix or Amazon Video App. sound level is in between, but there sound landscape is a lot closer to the Music.

I noticed that in the "About My Sonos System" with the Setup box sound is stereo, when using Netflix or Amazon, I have dolby surround.
Possibly there is a TV setting to be tuned
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Similar issue here. For me it's just certian channels on the Sky HD box need to be turned up to 7 or 8. Others are fine. using a Beam on a Sony Bravia KDL50w829b via hdmi arc. There are no fixed/variable volumn options on any device as far as I can tell.

Skybox is set to output DD over hdmi
following, installing my beam tonight with optical to LG TV and hoping the volume issue doesn't come up for me. I read beam have IR so in using a Roku, I have a remote adapter for volume so hoping to program that to the Beam like I did with my old soundbar.