Answered

Samsung Smart TV Remote

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

59 replies

Thanks for all the input. Could it be that the Amazon Samsung UN55KU6600 be too new for Sonos to provide codes for?

When I called Samsung support, the woman said she did NOT recognize that model #!!!!

Perhaps because it's sold exclusively by Amazon, I am out of luck - and add in the fact that the Samsung remote uses RF instead of IR...

BTW - is there a device that converts RF to IR available?
Although.... could the instructions in the Playbar setup guide for programming an unused device key and locking in the new volume controls help here?
That's weird - does begin to look like an outright incompatibility issue. I have no suggestions to get round that (other than the unsatisfactory one of using a couple of the other buttons). Maybe this is one for a Sonos staff member to pick up.....
@John B: That's correct. Playbar will not recognize signals from the volume buttons. I borrowed another similar remote, same issue.
OK thanks for clarification. We are used to queries about why Samsung RF remotes don't work with Playbar, so maybe jump to that. So you are saying the Playbar will recognise and learn signals from the remote for any buttons... except the volume buttons themselves?
This not a touch remote. It is the new Samsung TM1680A remote with press buttons. Works fine with Apple TV. I can control the volume on the Playbar with the channel button and the other buttons on the remote. The only button that will not work is the volume button.
Hang on a moment. Are we talking about a standard button-press IR remote for a Samsung Smart TV, or the Samsung "Smart Remote", which is RF?

@Siggen - what exactly have you got to work on the Playbar from your remote besides the volume? What else is there?
My 2016 Samsung remote is IR. I have the same problem. I can get all the buttons on the remote to work with Playbar except the volume button...
Please see following:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2424/~/configure-sonos-playbar-with-samsung-smart-remotes