Answered

LPCM ETA for Arc?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

206 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

FYI, Apple TV 4K outputs in Dolby MAT 2.0... 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

My LG BX updated it’s firmware last night and as of today is passing Dolby Atmos through to my Sonos Arc (from an Apple TV 4K). Even says “Dolby Atmos” in my Sonos App!

So maybe LG adjusted their firmware to pass through something the Arc is compatible with while Sonos get their own firmware sorted?

I have been able to pass atmos from my apple tv 4k to ARC since the CX was released back in April.

Was it certain apps on the apple box that prevented this?

Hi,

I’ve been reading everyones comments and I’m glad I’m not the only one having trouble but mine seems slightly different to everyone else. I have an Apple TV 4K on the latest TVOS with audio set to Atmos I then have my Panasonic GZ950 set to Bitstream. I’m getting full Atmos when I playing anything with an Atmos soundtrack but I’m only recieving Stereo 2.0 PCM for anything other than Atmos. My Panasonic is only ARC and not EARC so not sure if this is the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Userlevel 1

Do people come on here as a way of passing time, for reasons other than to talk about Sonos products? Must have such fun lives.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

What about a LG CX owner and apple tv 4k, would I get same issue reported on here, was going to order but looks like Im best holding off for now.

I also own an oppo203 but gather that would be ok.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi, again ewolkoff. Thanks again for your tremendous help. 

That worked - in that by changing the setting Sound > Additional Settings > HDMI Input Audio Format > Bitstream, I was then able to set the Apple TV to Atmos.

Can you explain how that is possible? That changing settings on one device impacts the options on another (ie, changes to a device downstream affects the primary device (4KATV, LGTV, ARC)?

However, despite Atmos being available from the Apple TV, as soon as I play any Atmos content from it (either via the iTunes Store or Disney, etc) there is no sound coming through the soundbar.

Back to square one. :(

TV is still set to Auto and not Pass Through?  Also are you sure it’s Atmos content?  I have noticed that with this setup DD 5.1 plays sometimes with no sound or no voices until I switch to Pass Through again.  That’s why the system is manual — you have to change the settings to play DD 5.1 vs. Atmos.

The issue before was that you told your TV to only accept a stereo PCM signal.  Apple TV saw that and stopped allowing you to send high bandwidth Atmos signals.  

Hi there, CX owner here, 

I have looked at you settings on previous pages, so is it a case of I can get atmos but if a movie or show on the apple tv 4k box is in 5.1 I need to manually change a setting on the apple box.

On my LG I have everything set to passthrough, eARC on e.g.

What setting is it on the apple tv that I would manually need to change to get atmos and then 5.1 until sonos release the LPCM update.

Thanks