Google voice - sorry i can’t find what you asked for.

Show first post

68 replies

Still no update on this? I bought arc specifically over beam to use as a voice control for my entire system and so far it hasn't served its purpose. I'm continually getting this message 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any solution to this ridiculous problem?

I used to be able to ask Google to play a particular TuneIn radio station on one of my 12 or so Sonos products, and it worked.

Now, my favorite radio station I get the dreaded “sorry i can’t find what you asked for”.

The stupidity of it is that it works with other TuneIn radio stations, but as of the last week it doesn’t work with the station I spend 90% of my time listening to…..

I’ve disconnected from Google Assistant and reconnected, and it made no difference.

I’ll have to lodge a ticket I suppose…..

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sent diagnostics:  1220920682

Chance of a useful response?   Let’s see if Sonos support can exceed my (pretty modest) expectations….

Sonos support doesn’t monitor these forums, only Sonos Forum moderators. In order to contact the support folks, you need to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Chease, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding your concern about the Google Assistant on Sonos. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi @Chease, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding your concern about the Google Assistant on Sonos. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Thanks. Here is the number 527446089

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Chease, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report. Upon checking on the diagnostic report. Google Assistant is active on your Sonos system. can’t see anything wrong on it. I’d like to ask some things to further check on this issue

• Have you tried to remove and re-add the Google Assistant on the Sonos App?
  • Did it ever work before? 
  • When did the issue start?
  • Have you also tried Alexa, If it will be the same issue?

Badge

Yep, just set new Sonos One up in bar area and keep getting this message. When I finally do get music going it only plays for a short time and stops. So very disappointing. I have Google devices in my house everywhere and rarely have any issues. Obviously a Sonos problem. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tapey, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about the Google Assistant, We'll check this further about this issue. If you've done some necessary troubleshooting steps and the problem persists. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.  

I’m having the same issue. I use YoutubeMusic, and get the same behavior. What is the solution??

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

HI @Josuetas, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about the Google Assistant on Sonos. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. or you may also try to remove and readd the Google Assistant and the Youtube Music on the Sonos App to refresh it.

HI @Josuetas, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about the Google Assistant on Sonos. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. or you may also try to remove and readd the Google Assistant and the Youtube Music on the Sonos App to refresh it.

My confirmation number: 560809304

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Josuetas, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. As I check the information. The Google Voice Assistant is added successfully without any issue that can be detected on your system. Have you also tried to remove and readd the Youtube Music account on the Sonos App and check if it will be the same? Also, try on another device controller where you can have the Sonos App and observe if it’s the same behaviour.

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @Arcanitum, Thanks for reaching out, sorry for the late response, welcome to the community. thanks for the detailed information that you’ve provided and as well as the diagnostic report. Upon checking, It detected on your Google Assistant on Sonos that Playback is ducked on the player which means it lowers the volume of the music when talking to the Google assistant. But since you’ve made all necessary troubleshooting steps for this issue and it’s still not working properly. We’ll take it further and I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They’ll give additional steps on the option to resolve this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Crazy_celt & @perrymasterflex, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know that both of you have the same issue. Upon checking on the diagnostic report that you’ve sent @Crazy_celt It doesn’t show any issue on the Google Assistant, We’ll take it further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. And @perrymasterflex, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the status of your Sonos system. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Same issue. When I ask google assistant on my Sonos One to play my NPR station, it says “playing kpbx fm on TuneIn,” followed by “Sorry, I can’t find what you it asked for.” Worked fine a week ago. Any thoughts on a fix?

Confirmation number 449053079

I also started getting "sorry, I can't find what you asked for" when requesting that Google Assistant play music through the Sonos. it used to work, and nothing has changed on my end. The problem seems to be independent of music service, as it is an issue with both YouTube music and TuneIn radio.

Same issue here,  playing your playlist, sorry I can t find what you asked for….. started happening 2 weeks ago, tried all of the  fixes nothing works.  My google products are working fine.  

Diagnostic report 1058226421

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same problem here. I can play pretty much anything through my Google devices and pretty much nothing through my Google-enabled Sonos devices.

Userlevel 2

Diagnostic confirmation:

diagnostic confirmation # 519393952. Thank you for looking into this!

You can add me to the list as well. The issue popped up about a week ago. I can manually initiate playing Tune-In content or my local radio stations through the Sonos App but when doing so through the Google Assistant, I get the ‘Sorry, I can’t find what you asked for’ response.

I’ve got over $1,000.00 worth of SONOS devices in my house and it would be an understatement to say this is an extremely disappointing development.

Diagnostic Confirmation #1471919679.

Yeah, I’d like to be added to the list too.  @Simon B.

Tunein radio and apple music basically useless.

I’m glad I didn't update all my home theater sound system yet, or the whole house like planed. I feel bad for the ones that have.

If it’s because of Sonos own streaming platform that would be a shame.

Diagnostic: 116500507