Google assistant on Sonos one not responding

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

104 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
There was an outage yesterday which may have caused this. Can you test and confirm if the problem persists?
Userlevel 2
Many Thanks Ken.
I have just set to English but Google assistant works ok on my mobile with the Sonos controller.

Have set 'default' premium music subscription (spotify) but not upgraded my Spotify account yet. I have just been testing using Radio stations.

I can see the Sonos speakers in the GA and as I said get sound from the speakers ok.

Am at work so cannot check your last suggestion at the moment.

Will have another test tonight, really appreciate the help.
Is the google assistant working for general things like weather etc?

Some things to perhaps check...
  • That you ony have one language installed in the GA/GH App.
  • That you have set a “default” premium music subscription service in the GA/GH App.
  • That you have installed the same “default” premium music subscription service in the Sonos App.
  • That the Sonos skill/action/device card is installed in the GA/GH App and that you can see the Sonos devices in your Google Home App.
  • That the GA is installed in the Sonos One “Room Settings” under the “Voice Services” section in the Sonos App.
Userlevel 2
also Google activity does not show me speaking to the Sonos!