Answered

YouTube Music not listing full library

• 13 August 2020
  • 87 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

87 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @vito72@adcroft and @a9979, welcome to the Sonos Community! Thank you for your understanding and patience. We greatly appreciate that you report it with YouTube as well. As promised, we’ll keep you posted here. 

About your case @vito72, yes it seems like a different problem but I'm thinking if it is still part of how it was moved based on the error message. Is it only happening to the songs you moved from Google Play Music? 

Just let us know. It is our pleasure. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi @Rob E, welcome to the Sonos Community, and thanks for the assistance, @controlav! We greatly appreciate you being a part of the Sonos family. It is our pleasure.

Just to let you know that yes, some of the customers state that they are unable to see all of their uploaded music within YouTubeMusic on Sonos. Customers who recently migrated from Google Play Music to Youtube Music will likely notice this acutely. Below are the workarounds that we can provide for now.

1. Customers can still search for and play their uploaded content.
  2. Customers can still add search results to My Sonos / Favourites

And we have reported the issue to YouTube Music. We encourage the customers to report the issue to Youtube Music also. 

We’ll keep you posted here once we have an available update for you. 

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. We and the community are always here.

This work-around is simply not a true fix… at least not for me.  In alphabetical order, my “Artist” listing stops at the letter ‘B’ (Bananarama, to be exact).  I subsequently searched for “The Whispers” and “Everything But the Girl” and SONOS says “no results” for those artists.

With literally over a thousand albums, this is very disconcerting.

Hi folks. Just to let you know that this issue has been reported to our partner and we’re waiting for their response. We’ll keep you all posted here. Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

We and the community are always here to help.

Partner?

… as in Google playing fair - as a partner!?

Yeah - ok.

Sonos is completely disinterested in support it’s customers 

This yet another example

they are only interested in selling more hardware 

pathetic company which has never properly resolved playing your own music via sonos

i have the same problem,

i migrated from gpm to youtube premium and it only llists albums up to F contacted sonos and was told to wait for an update...now worried that when gpm goes that i will lose all my files.

Not a very good transition

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thank you DCgal -iBroadcast works like a charm. And the company says the unlimited free library space will remain free forever. Perfect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Is Sonos telling me that now I have to subscribe to YouTube Music in order to play my personally owned music that used to be free on Google Play Music? This is getting really frustrating. 

No, it is Google who are telling you that they are shutting down their free service, as it makes them no advertising money, and want you to pay to use their servers. No free lunches, any more.

Had a live chat today and spent 20 minutes explaining that my library from YouTube Music was only loading up to the letter “B”.  After a few back and forth questions and answers, she told me “Let me check”….and has not been heard from since….the chat expired.  This is becoming very frustrating.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I just received an email from a rep on the YTM and GPM team and was informed, very clearly, that a subscription should not be needed to access your own music through the uploads section of the YTM app, however they are having issues (as we know) and they are working through them. When fixed, we should have none of these issues on this thread. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I contacted YTM again (for the 300th time) and of course they say that they are still unable to reproduce the issue and there are no plans to expand the container size again. In the others, they really don’t care. My ticket has been open for nearly a year and I get the same unhelpful, canned responses each time I ask for an update, which I do monthly. 

Sonos - Are you reading this? Don’t you care how your providers treat YOUR customers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

now worried that when gpm goes that i will lose all my files

Surely you can verify your files are in YTM via some non-Sonos means, eg the YTM app itself?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sonos is completely disinterested in support it’s customers 

This yet another example

they are only interested in selling more hardware 

pathetic company which has never properly resolved playing your own music via sonos

i call BS on this. Sonos support over 60 different music services, all over the world. No other music system comes even close to that level of support or flexibility. The fact that some music services care more about their Sonos integrations more than others is sad but true.

You have a huge choice of music services, go try another one. Unhappy YTM customers seem to be liking iBroadcast. Trusting your music to an ad company isn’t really a the best idea.