Answered

YouTube Music not listing full library

• 13 August 2020
  • 87 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

87 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Now the only option I see is Albums. Great. Thanks YTM, it’s worse now. Wow talk about a terrible product to be hosted on Sonos. Please just give us back Google Play Music. 

Sonos - Do yourself a favor and help out YTM or better yet set higher/stricter standards for your music providers. YTM is full of bugs and it reflects on your product. 

I am having the same issue. It is showing albums and artists but the song library is not showing. Please help this is annoying!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Neither party is interested in this problem in the slightest. I am a premium YTM subscriber, and I own 7 Sonos speakers. When you contact support at either Google or Sonos the answer is the same -- it’s the other guy’s fault … :rolling_eyes:

I’m going to try a work-around by porting a Chromecast into my Play5 aux/in. Wish me luck … :expressionless:

Userlevel 1
Badge

I contacted (via chat) both YTM and Sonos about 10 days ago to report the issue with Sonos not showing my full YTM library.  YTM insisted that the issue was with Sonos and would not help me.  Sonos said the problem was with the S1 controller app and told me upgrade to the S2 controller app.  However, that app is not compatible with one of my speakers, so I cannot upgrade.  Sonos said that it would work on the problem and get back to me.  I still have not heard back.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Had a live chat today and spent 20 minutes explaining that my library from YouTube Music was only loading up to the letter “B”.  After a few back and forth questions and answers, she told me “Let me check”….and has not been heard from since….the chat expired.  This is becoming very frustrating.

My library also only loads up to B and my issue has been open for a month or two. They have no answer for this and really don’t seem to care. I now use iBroadcast instead of YTM and it works great, is free, and is supposed to remain free. Check it out. YTM is a sham.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I’m just living with it as a non-premium YTM subscriber. I have both YTM and iBroadcast. My YTM works, I just can’t browse my entire library. I can still search all of my YTM so it’s not that bad. iBroadcast doesn’t work well for me because a lot of my music files are missing album names, which iBroadcast is aware causes major indexing issues for them. Oh well. None of these providers are perfect. But if I was subscribing to any of them, I would feel way different. I subscribe to Amazon and Spotify, no issues with either of those. Now if only they would provide a file hosting service...

999 results is not enough. I need to browse through all my albums. Thanks Google.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Switch to iBroadcast - seems to work a lot better than the YTM integration from the big ad company.

Badge

As I have started to use Tidal on Sonos, I’ve realized as with YTM that the artist and album section of my collection can not be alphabetized - is that an issue Sonos knows about, and if so, is Sonos looking for a solution?  The non-alphabetical listing in YTM is one reason I can not tolerate using it on Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

999 results is not enough. I need to browse through all my albums. Thanks Google.

Its laughable huh:

Bug report: we have a limit of 99 albums.

Google developer: fixed it! Limit is 999 now.

I’ve been dealing with other issues with the YTM integration, eg “give me the first 100 tracks of a playlist” and it responds by returning all 300 and blowing the buffer size. Sigh.

I think the YTM SMAPI service was written by a high school intern last year, who is back at school now. The server is running under their old, pre-Covid desk in Mountain View and has been forgotten by everyone.

Badge

The latest email from Sonos infers that once you’ve transferred your music from GPM to YTM you should remove GPM from Sonos music services. I haven’t done this yet as I’m not confident that all my GPM music has transferred properly. Does anyone know whether having both GPM and YTM as “live” music services in Sonos is a possible reason for YTM only showing an incomplete number of uploads?

Yes I do have the files in my youtube account,but I still can't  play them through sonos which is really frustrating...sonos software really does leave alot to be desired..

Userlevel 2

Another frustrated user experiencing the same limits of accessing full YTM library.  Can someone help clarify how you can use iBroadcast on Sonos?  I don’t see it listed among the list of Available services when I go to add a new service.  

Thank you!

Badge

Besides not transferring but 99 YT playlists, and transferring only music through the Bs. Too, I can’t figure out how to search my music though folks have indicated you can search for your music. WTF!! Google Play Music could do all of this seamlessly so what’s up Sonos. Sonos says it’s YTM’s fault, YTM says it Sonos’s fault. Just get together and FIX IT ASAP!!!

You should just be able to search for an artist (one that begins with a letter after B of course) and it should show up in your search results in the YTM section. For example, I can only browse my artists into the Bs, but I can search ZZ Top and it will show up in my search results and I can access artists after “B” like that. 

We should not have to search for what we have already placed in a library - simply wrong

As I have started to use Tidal on Sonos, I’ve realized as with YTM that the artist and album section of my collection can not be alphabetized - is that an issue Sonos knows about, and if so, is Sonos looking for a solution?  The non-alphabetical listing in YTM is one reason I can not tolerate using it on Sonos.

I had the same issue using YTM with Sonos, but I found that (as in my post 40 minutes ago) in that instance the solution was to be found in YTM.  After I saw that everything was all out of order in Sonos2, I looked for settings to change the order, and found none in Sonos.  So then I went back to YTM and discovered that it also was out of order.  Finally (on my phone) I noticed that in any list (albums, artists or songs), there was a little tab at the top left corner above the first item in the long  list.  It seems the default was “recently added”, but if you click on the little down-arrow, it lets you sort them A-Z or Z-A.

I did that for all three options - artists, albums and songs, and then YTM finally was ordered sensibly (for me.  For non uploaded items, I left the default at recently added, e.g., other non-uploaded songs that I had “liked”)

I don’t know if I had to restart Sonos or not to make this work, but to be sure, I did anyway:  I turned off sonos on my android device, turned it back on, and then Sonos showed all my stuff in the same alphabetical order that I had on YTM (up to the letter F, that is :-)

Badge

I’ve been using Sonos for years for both streaming from music services and my personal library.  I have an extensive online library which years back I transferred from Rdio (best service I have used) to GPM and not unfortunately to YTM.  Reading this thread I am realizing that it seems futile to expect YTM to listen to a select group of users who depend on Sonos for streaming.  I’m having all the same issues as many have expressed here, and would like to know if a GPM or YTM library can be transferred to Apple Music or to Tidal (assuming I can stream it on Sonos)?  I have no faith that Sonos will get cooperation from Google to resolve our dilemma - they don’t give a rats a** to put it bluntly.

recommendations?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It’s been over 4 months since I reported this issue to YTM and nothing has been resolved. Half the time they don’t even respond when I email them asking for an update. Anyone think they actually care about this? I don’t. Oh well, I guess YTM is losing another customer. 

I want to follow this thread as I am having the same issue you are all reporting with Google Music moving to YT Music and losing the ability to see my whole music collection on Sonos. I cannot find this music through the search bar either. I only see A through B on albums.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Besides not transferring but 99 YT playlists, and transferring only music through the Bs. Too, I can’t figure out how to search my music though folks have indicated you can search for your music. WTF!! Google Play Music could do all of this seamlessly so what’s up Sonos. Sonos says it’s YTM’s fault, YTM says it Sonos’s fault. Just get together and FIX IT ASAP!!!

You should just be able to search for an artist (one that begins with a letter after B of course) and it should show up in your search results in the YTM section. For example, I can only browse my artists into the Bs, but I can search ZZ Top and it will show up in my search results and I can access artists after “B” like that. 

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I see now that it will pull up my songs, albums, and artists, but it won't pull up my playlists that were exported to YTM. Any idea how to do that or to create new playlists? Or how to alphabetize the playlists Sonos did import?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sorry i don’t know. I don’t have any Google Play or YTM playlists. I create all my playlists using Sonos, did not import any playlists

Badge

@controlav - I’m looking for a decent music streaming service that is well supported on Sonos, not a service to store my own music.  GPM was decent, but YTM is garbage!  I’m currently trying Tidal, but as with other services, some of the perks available in App is not transferred to Sonos - like the simple alphabetical lists for artists and albums.

I've had my SONOS One for a few months and have had very few problems. I have primarily played my music library through Google play music playlists. Now that Google play is going away, I moved my library over to YouTube music. But now, songs will start playing, then at some point they stop and it skips to the next song. Thats when I get the "not encoded correctly" error message. It has happened on every single song I've tried. It also happens if you try to scroll to a certain point in the song. This problem started immediately when I switched to YouTube music.

This speaker is completely useless in this condition. 

I've read the other posts on this topic, but they don't seem to apply to my situation. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Diagnostics Confirmation #679235385

Unfortunately I have been experiencing the same issues.  The most frustrating one is when a track plays for a good amount of time and then suddenly throws an error code and jumps to the next track.  If I have cross fade on it will cross fade extremely early.  When I use youtube music outside of sonos the tracks work perfectly.  Sonos is aware of the issue and is working at it, though not as quickly as I would like.

guy b - you can play them on Sonos but you have to search for them.  They are there even though they are not listed in your library.

An update to my last post:  I finally spoke to someone higher up at Sonos, and he explained that, contrary to what the Sonos and YTM tech support people told me, the issue is with YTM.  Sonos merely “reads” the data provided by the music provider, so there is an issue with YTM not feeding the correct information to Sonos.  He also told me that he doubts YTM is prioritizing resolving this issue since it probably affects only a small number of users.  He encouraged me to keep complaining to YTM.  I emailed them a couple times but never heard back.

EVEN WORSE, I found out that eventually YTM will *require* you to pay for a premium subscription (more than $12/month!) just to listen to your own music on your own speakers!  To me, this was unconscionable.  So I quit YTM.

Fortunately, I found iBroadcast, which provides a free cloud-based storage locker service that is both very easy to use and, more importantly, compatible with Sonos.  I would encourage folks to check it out if you’re only looking for a place to store and play your own music.  So far I’m really happy with it. 

checking out ibroadcast now. SONOS should be telling users not to waste their time with youtube music at all. Talk about not ready for prime time. 

Thank you DCgal -iBroadcast works like a charm. And the company says the unlimited free library space will remain free forever. Perfect. 

I’m gonna give iBroadcast a try, but I gotta laugh - the termination of a free storage service is what got us all into this mess :-)  I’ll believe “forever” when it lasts more than a few years :-)