Answered

Volume Controls on Desktop App Greyed out

• 20 October 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Ditto

Does duplicate postings of unhappiness in several threads make you feel better?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The quick solution for PC users to control their device volume is easy (and free), but I’m not allowed to post it here unfortunately.

Odd. There’s a bunch of other threads that indicate that today’s software release fixed that issue. 

Perhaps on other devices, and not your PC?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

ControlAV: Other apps for Sonos?  Really?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mmci123 

I’m afraid that information is not available to me.

@Corry P what is the timeline on the fix for this?  Pending for almost 2 weeks now.  Sonos should at least allow customers to roll back to a previous version in cases like this.  Provide executable installers for previous releases.  Or a zip file with instructions on where to copy and paste the contents.  Something.

I don’t think Sonos has ever allowed a rollback, and rollbacks are just another chance for error and confusion, especially as app and system have to be kept consistent.

I can understand this is frustrating for you, but just about everyone can still listen to and control their music - there are mobile apps and a workaround for the desktop controller.  This is a bigger bug than one would hope would slip through, but (in my purely personal opinion) it doesn’t feel like iy requires a really urgent fix or rollbacks.  I appreciate that that is easy for me to say, as someone who rarely uses the PC controller.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Corry P what is the timeline on the fix for this?  Pending for almost 2 weeks now.  Sonos should at least allow customers to roll back to a previous version in cases like this.  Provide executable installers for previous releases.  Or a zip file with instructions on where to copy and paste the contents.  Something.

I don’t think Sonos has ever allowed a rollback, and rollbacks are just another chance for error and confusion, especially as app and system have to be kept consistent.

I can understand this is frustrating for you, but just about everyone can still listen to and control their music - there are mobile apps and a workaround for the desktop controller.  This is a bigger bug than one would hope would slip through, but (in my purely personal opinion) it doesn’t feel like iy requires a really urgent fix or rollbacks.  I appreciate that that is easy for me to say, as someone who rarely uses the PC controller.

Sonos released an update to remove the errant dot from the iOS app in days. To remove a frigging dot.