Skip to main content
Answered

updated app: sonos playlists lost

Help!  Had 2 chat conversations with helpdesk as none of my  sonos playlists are there following the app update. They refer me to call technical help but each time i try, it is over 75 mins wait time. Can anyone here help me to resolve? 🙏🏼

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

63 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

PirateM: I had few difficulties with Sonos playlists before the May 2024 ‘upgrade.’ Now I have no Sonos playlists. Everything is gone. 

I opened the Sonos app on my ipad moments ago with the wild and crazy idea I could put a few tracks in a queue and have music play while I have my morning espresso. The app won’t even load. The queue I put together a couple days ago has vanished. 

I’m not even gonna sweat the small stuff… I never wanted and never used all those bells and whistles like voice control and alarms and god knows what. I just want to hear music come out of my speakers. That’s what one should be able to do after sinking about $3,000 into a few pair of active loudspeakers, right?

Evidently Sonos doesn’t agree.

Userlevel 3

I don’t get it. After 2 months of waiting, I now have access to my playlists in the updated app, but I can’t add to them and can’t delete anything. And I can’t see a way to create a new playlist. Is this a joke? Does Sonos have a plan to fix this? It was perfectly functional before the app was “updated.” 

I too have lost a decade of playlists and it’s so annoying and frustrating. We were looking at adding to our Sonos system (currently have 4 speakers) but there is no point in investing more in a system that no longer offers the functionality we purchased it for. Think it’s time the speakers go to a charity shop and we look for another system. So disappointing.

Userlevel 3

I agree with you. I won’t invest in any more Sonos products and I don’t recommend them to friends anymore 

Folks Phonos Plus on iOS can play your playlists to your speakers for you. It’s free give it a try 

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/phonos-plus/id1511326524

Thank you  ‘Bumper’, that works!! I’m very grateful 

Userlevel 3

Can you edit and create playlists with this app?

Can you edit and create playlists with this app?

No you can’t. But this app will play the missing playlists and hopefully sonos fixes their POS app at some point so we can once again create and save playlists. 

If you want to move your playlists off of Sonos to a music service or NAS (to avoid this in the future) you can export them (requires the feature pack $0.99) 

Userlevel 3

Thanks for the information.

Thanks Rusty Hammer for Sonosphone workaround. Found my lost playlists - not a great solution but they are back.
Echo the frustration on this conversation feed - Sonos completely dropped the ball on this app upgrade. Lousy customer experience. 

I held of updating to the new version as I had a feeling something would fail.

It’s taken time and effort compiling my playlist over the years. 
So image my frustration when there’s no playlist what am I to listen to? I can’t even change music as the apps freezes up and then there’s silence.

SONOS role back the update so we can enjoy our playlist.

Userlevel 3

I received the email from the Sonos CEO this week where he apologized and invited Sonos users to contact him if we had any questions. I responded with a very direct question asking if I would be able to create new playlists at some point because the plan outlined in the email only mentioned editing playlists.  The response was a brush off. If I want to learn more I have to do the work by visiting the Sonos blog and also this community blog. I was even more angry and frustrated that they couldn’t be bothered to answer my question after inviting me to contact them. 😡😡😡

Thank you  ‘Bumper’, that works!! I’m very grateful 

Oh no, now my playlists won’t play through this app 😢! I get an error message saying any of my playlists are empty! Bumper (or anyone) please can you advise??