Question

Stuck on ”allow access to local network” in new app. Help!

Userlevel 3

Deleted the old app (ios) and installed the new one, but now it won’t get past the ”allow access to local network” message. Even though I’ve allowed access on and off several times.

So basically I can’t use the app at all. Can’t add or edit speakers, nothing. Spotify is now my main Sonos app……

Have tried to reinstalled the app and restarted the phone several times. Anyone with the same issue?

51 replies

Just received a set of Sonos Era 100 and same issue. New to Sonos but will be returning for refund. Not a great start and huge disappointment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Just received a set of Sonos Era 100 and same issue. New to Sonos but will be returning for refund. Not a great start and huge disappointment. 

Check back in a year, this might be fixed by then. 🤣

Userlevel 3

Loving this thread. My expensive Sonos speakers have become my most luxurius paperweights ever. Using my Sonos Move on the kids wet drawings. The Amp is now my new footstand. And the Sub we toss around in the garden because why not. Thanks app team at Sonos for all this joy!

Sonos, the exclusive paperweight company. Makin’ bricks since 2002.

I’m having this issue as well iPhone 14 Pro Max. Unable to get though to tech support to troubleshoot the issue as the wait times are over an hour. Luckily I have an iPad that works 

Fixes issue , might not work for everyone but…

Delete app , restart phone and wait 5min or so then turn on phone 

Install app , this is exactly what I did and worked for me . 

This was done on iPhone 15 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m glad it worked out for you. Did not work out for my iPhone 14 Pro. Still no joy here, but appreciate the share.

I also have the iMessage. Through a lot of back and forth they admitted connectivity issues with the app. I cannot connect to my old account nor add any new devices I just purchased

Userlevel 2
Badge

I really do not accept any excuse for this crap. They charge a premium for their product, and I expect a premium level of equipment and service. Do not use me as a beta tester! Hopefully they will have this fixed within 24 hours or give us the old app back so that we can continue our lives without issue. 

Userlevel 3

Sonos. Can you please fix this bug like now. It’s Eurovision, I have people over, i bought overpriced speakers from you to enjoy music in all of my rooms at the same time. Come. On. The hardware is all ready to go. Please.

I literary cannot use my system now because my wife's app auto updated during the night.

At least compensate us with something after this as you forbid us to revert to the previous app. F**k this.

Userlevel 1

This is ridiculous.  Dump the app update and re-add the old so we can get back to using these things.  I have a new Wifi Mesh that I cannot update any of my systems to.  Sure glad I spent this money.  Guess not again.  

Userlevel 1

Excuse me @Sonos you have ANY update as to when we can use our speakers again?  I think you are not understanding what a problem this is for users of your products.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

The new update 80.00.08 fixes the “local network access” problem. 

Userlevel 1

Well, just updated to 80.00.08. I got passed the local network screen. My beam seemed to work, other speakers and sub did not. Then everything worked apart from my 1 One SL. And now all of the sudden nothing works and the sonos app cannot find any speakers AND the local network alert comes back. Unbelievable 

Userlevel 2
Badge

My issues resolved with today’s update. Thread can be closed now 😆

Userlevel 3

My system jumped back on, but! Still get the same error when trying to add new speakers… I’m on an iPhone SE.

Userlevel 2

Able to finally connect on my iphone 14 Pro. Seem to be working with all of my speakers so far 🤞🏼

This update is not working for my iPhone 14 Pro. Unacceptable.

Same issue. Had a glimmer of hope as it found my move speaker, but tried to add the amp and nothing. So much for hoping this patch would work. 

Did a factory reset on my Move 2 and setup using the Sonos App from my iPad. Worked.  Logged back into the iPhone app and joined existing system.  Worked.  Everything (including Airplay) is connected and working again. 

Same issue here. Can’t get past the local network access issue on either my iPhone 14 or my iPhone 6. 

Userlevel 1

Can somebody please give us an update when this will be fixed still can access my products

Fed up waiting. Returned new Sonos Amp. Really wanted it to work, but not going to wait around for a fix that’s not coming. Maybe in the future. 

Userlevel 1

I have five products are not working due to this stupid app update Sonos sort yourselves out

I was able to discover my Sonos Beam on my network using my old iPhone 6 (still wouldn’t work on my iPhone 14), but then it threw an error adding it to my account (I reset the Beam because of these app issues, so was going through the new setup option). I switched to the iPhone 14 & was able to join an existing setup, but then the Sonos required an update. That required me to sign back into sonos.com & the update fails with the following error…

Sigh!!!

Just keeps getting better and better.