Answered

S1 Android App crashes every time I search in "stations"

• 28 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks. Thanks for reaching out here in the community. I understand where you all coming from and this is being worked on by our engineers. We apologize for the inconvenience and we greatly appreciate your patience. We'll keep you posted here once an update is available for the fix using S1 app controllers.

Same issue here.

I can look for artists on the App, but each time I try to search on stations or podcasts, the sonos s1 app crashes.

Fortunately, I can do the same from the Mac OS app, but this is a really expensive system that should not have this kind of problems

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching us in the Sonos Community. We appreciate for letting us know about your concern. Your feedback is important to us.

In this specific scenario, we are still awaiting an update from our engineers for the development but as of this writing, we haven't received any to share with you. Please bear with us while our team is working towards a resolution for this.

You can do the following options:
1. Use an iOS controller to perform the desired action - if available.
2. Browse or Search for the respective content without using either the "Podcasts & Shows" or "Stations" filter.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, 

Thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. 

We really appreciate your time and effort in working on this. I understand that an issue must be resolved as soon as possible. In this specific scenario, we are still awaiting an update from our engineers for the development but as of this writing, we haven't received any.

Our engineers are actively working to resolve this. Please bear with us while our team is working towards a resolution. It will be resolved in a future software update but we don't have any time frames to share right now. 

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

SONOS! FIX THE PROBLEM.!  IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE! YOU HAVE TAKEN "0" STEPS TO HELP YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS. I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ONE MORE TIME THAT ENGINEERING IS LOOKING AT THE PROBLEM. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the community guidelines.*

I have the same issue on my Galaxy S9+ -- immediate crash upon initiating a search.  Pending an update/fix from Sonos, Is there some website where an earlier version of the Sonos controller is available?  Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, 

Thank you for reaching us out in the Sonos Community.

We appreciate your detailed post describing the issue and all your effort in checking this from your end. Your feedback is important to us.

In this specific scenario, we are still awaiting an update from our engineers for the development but as of this writing, we haven't received any to share with you. Please bear with us while our team is working towards a resolution for this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Big Aura, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us your concern and the troubleshooting steps that you have performed. Let me help you with this.

We have identified that the Sonos app crashes when you search using either the "Podcasts & Shows" Filter or the "Stations" filter using an Android device. We are already investigating to address the issue and that will be fixed in a future software update.

In the meantime, you can use an iOS controller to perform the action or you can Browse or Search for the respective content without using either the "Podcasts & Shows" or "Stations" filter.

If you need assistance with your Sonos or other information, please feel free to let us know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.