Answered

S1 Android App crashes every time I search in "stations"

• 28 September 2020
  • 58 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

You’ve posted in a thread about the Android controller app crashing when you use the ‘search’ function. May I suggest you open your own thread with your issue?

I have tried on 3 mobile phones  and uninstalled the app and re downloaded it still nothing 

Hi.

Since I upgraded to the new sonos app it work fine for a couple of days now it won't even find my speakers. The Beam plays but can't control through the app (no found) and my 2 play 1s are not found either??????????

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Earquake, thank you for reaching back to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for letting us know about your concern and providing the details on your post. Your frustration is completely understandable. Let me help you with this.

We have identified that the Sonos app crashes on Android devices only. I'm sorry to hear that some stations are missing in the Sonos app.

I have a few questions and will give some suggestions on what you can follow.

1. When you tried to search for the station missing in the Sonos app, did the app crashed or hanged on your iPhone/Windows PC?
2. Do you experience this issue on a particular music service or on your music services?
3. Have you tried searching the stations on Tune-in or Sonos Radio?
4. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Sonos app on your iPhone and Windows PC?

If after checking the inquiries above and you're still having the same problem with your iPhone and Windows PC, please submit a diagnostic report from these 2 devices for us to check and post the confirmation number when you reach back to us.

We'll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Searches crash on all searches on Android S1 on the Samsung S9+

Many formerly working stations from many different countries will not play.

Some no longer exist and can’t be found on the searches that do actually work on the IOS and Windows.

IOS S1 app will not play the stations either so it is not a work around on iPhone 7

Windows app also does not play the same previously working stations.

It’s a frustrating mess.  The simplest of functions don’t work.  An expensive system should be glitch free or at least take iron them out much quicker.  I’ve ignored it for a while but I’m losing my will.  Why would I upgrade half of my already expensive system if it’s not going to work anyway?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Big Aura, thank you for your response. I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps.

Let me suggest some steps to see if this would work for you. How about upgrading your system from S1 to S2? The known issue is happening on the S1 app only. I can check your system by submitting a diagnostic report to provide you what’s recommended.

If you wish to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process,  you may reach our Sonos Customer Care support by remotely connecting to your device to check what's going on and to provide the best option for you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 2

Hi Rowena

thanks for your response.  I’ve since found another thread that didn’t come up when I searched previously.  I don’t think it’s a great fix to suggest using IoS (I don’t have any apple devices).  The other suggestion is to search and not add the “stations” filter.  I’ve done this, and it doesn’t work - if I search for “BBC Radio 4” I have to have a filter applied (it defaults to “Artists”), and on the Artists filter, no results come up, so I am then forced to use the “stations” filter, and it crashes.

I see that earlier versions of the Android App don’t have this issue, so surely the answer is to roll back the most recent update, and re-issue it once Sonos have figured out what the problem is.  I used to be a beta tester for the Sonos app and recall multiple changes (almost daily) all made in advance of the launch of Apple Music - this seems like Android are being told “we’ll get to it” but with no time frame! Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Big Aura, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos Community. I appreciate you for providing us your concern and the troubleshooting steps that you have performed. Let me help you with this.

We have identified that the Sonos app crashes when you search using either the "Podcasts & Shows" Filter or the "Stations" filter using an Android device. We are already investigating to address the issue and that will be fixed in a future software update.

In the meantime, you can use an iOS controller to perform the action or you can Browse or Search for the respective content without using either the "Podcasts & Shows" or "Stations" filter.

If you need assistance with your Sonos or other information, please feel free to let us know.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.