Answered

I can't play music from YouTube Music

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Badge +1

@Jonos1 don't think there is anything you can do to fix it at your end. Sonos and the music streaming service has to come up with an update/fix. Wait until then. 

Not all services give that error. Start using some other. In my case error was only on YouTube music, so I started using Amazon music. 

Hi everyone, anyone found a legit fix for this? Ive racked my brains for 3 hours on Sonos customer support. If they make you do all the connectivity, dont bother coz it is not that for the same logic that other music services work perfectly, tried Amazon and Google Music. I am not getting access denied error but Unable to play song, not encoded correctly, but the very second I try again it play so def. not an encoding issue else it would never play it

Hey, this exactly happening to me too. Songs are skipping and getting the same messages although not the same experience with Spotify, soundcloud for example. 

Will this be solved soon?

Badge +1

Hi everyone, anyone found a legit fix for this? Ive racked my brains for 3 hours on Sonos customer support. If they make you do all the connectivity, dont bother coz it is not that for the same logic that other music services work perfectly, tried Amazon and Google Music. I am not getting access denied error but Unable to play song, not encoded correctly, but the very second I try again it play so def. not an encoding issue else it would never play it

Thanks for the diagnostic number!

I can see that your Sonos system is experiencing considerable WiFi latency.

This condition may cause the audio to “buffer” and thus, could explain cutouts that you have been experiencing. 

Additionally, I can see that the Netgear Orbi unit we are connected to is showing different information than the main Orbi. 

Would it be possible to hardwire the Sonos player into the Main Orbi that’s connected to the modem and test Sonos playback  to see if the problem continues?

Hi Adam.  2043790817.

Hey @scrooks. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

Cutouts during music playback can be caused for a number of reasons. 

Would you be able to provide me with a diagnostic of your Sonos system so I may investigate further?

Please provide me with the confirmation number after submitting and I would be happy to take a look for you.

I have the same issue with GPM and YTM and also have a Family account through YouTube Premium.  Will periodically start to play something but then cut out.  Can never click on a song and have it play from either YTM or Google play.  The only way I can play music is if the music is on my phone directly, in “My Library”.  Sort of defeats the purpose of paying for streaming though!

Help!

Having the same issue. Wondering if it’s related to where you purchased the app. Mine’s from iTunes vs from Google. Since Google Assistant is the only access app, there may be some problem that Sonos overlooked.

Okay I had this issue as well just now. I was about to send a support ticket but I decided to test a few more things to ensure the issue can be recreated. Here is what I found:

My YouTube account consists of a YouTube channel that has all of my activity, including (music) playlists, subscriptions etc.; and my Google account’s profile with its name and picture, and no recommendations, subscriptions and playlists.

Since I have music playlists already, obviously I was selecting my channel when I linked the streaming service. This resulted in my YouTube Premium Family membership not being detected by Sonos. As soon as I use my Google profile on the same account which *should* have the same membership status (as I use this on the YouTube website and have no ads), it works right away. So anyone still having issues, keep this in mind.

Any updates on this ? I'm having the exact same issue with a Google play premium family account. My youtube account is premium. Confirmed in app confirmed with Youtube.

Get the same errors in the Sonos app. Very frustrating.

Daaamn my Youtube service is BACK!!

You may want to try a reboot of your router, followed by a reboot of your speakers. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Anyone find out what the problem was?   Still not working for me . :-(

Badge

Woohoo!!! Works for me too :-)

I’m glad that YouTube fixed their issue!

Badge

YouTube Music is working again for me too.

This morning it was working again for me. 

Badge

hoping Youtube or Sonos will care one day...

I actually think Sonos DO care. I’ve had them on the phone twice running diagnostics on my system. I really think the problem is with YouTube. And the question is if THEY care which I’m inclined to think they don’t. I was told the “access denied” is also served if Sonos logs into YouTube Music and cannot find the track in question. Someone else in this thread wrote something about YTM consolidating the tracks from an artist from multiple channels into one (what ever a channel is?). This sounds more likely to be the root cause than Sonos relaying out account info to YTM.

Sad it still hasn't been fixed and no word from Sonos. I just found YouTube Premium also gives Google Play Music access which is working for me in the Sonos app, so I'll run with that for now. 

I’ve stopped my Youtube Premium account (up to six month and you keep your data) and used my Amazon Music account (included with premium) hoping Youtube or Sonos will care one day...

I will cancel my Youtube Premium Account and go back to spotify now. 

Badge

YouTube music has not worked for three weeks now... When will this be fixed???

Google gave me 2 weeks free even though I didn’t ask for anything yet since the issue is still unresolved. But there are so many changes in youtube these days I’m pretty sure they are to blame and know it.

Badge

I’ve got a hunch this is a Google problem

I totally agree! But only Sonos reacted to my tweets. So hat’s off to them for doing that.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve got a hunch this is a Google problem as the errors coincided with the release of a ton of new Google Hardware, but hopefully this will spur Google and Sonos to work together on the issue.