Can’t see my Audible Audiobook in the Sonos App

• 6 October 2019
  • 37 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

37 replies

Thanks for the suggestion Ken, but that's didn't fix it (at least not for me).
hi Ryan thanks for acknowledging the issue
Maybe Sonos could in future update it's customers on social media when problems such as this occur
I Have 800 plus audible books via Audible.CA, and I am able to access all with no more than usual difficulty. As reported many times in the past, a search of the books by title or author sometimes works, sometimes does not - it has always been unpredictable, and, since the books also cannot be sorted, it makes selection a pain.
Yes, I have submitted diagnostic info, no I do not any help fixing it, I just provide the information as a part of this message thread.
Hi, I can see my audible books but I can't reproduce any of them. Hope it gets resolved soon. thank you!
Still not working and can't use audible connect either.
removed account and reauthorized it.
Now heres what could be the issue. the reauthorization page is a .com page mu account's .co.uk. if i go to the audible.com to browse i get "no books found" but if i go to .co.uk I get "Unable to browse".
Also if I try to connect the audible android app just goes nuts sending me back to the beginning of the book and comes up with can't connect. The windows controller also throws "Unable to play - associated account not found". So how do you force a reauthorization of the .co.uk account.
Hi guys, when clicking on "Connect to a Device" from within the Audible app, and selecting my Sonos speaker, I get the error, "We encountered an issue while connecting to Sonos. Please try again."

Also, when accessing Audible from the Sonos desktop app, the only option that comes up is the one free book I got when installing the app.

Now, I AM NOT a paid member of Audible, the books I have were downloaded to my device when my friend, who IS a paid member, logged in on my device and downloaded her books, so I kind of understand why they don't show up in the Sonos app, because they're on my device only, not in the cloud.

But is the error in connecting to Sonos an issue also associated with my non-Paid Audible membership? I don't see anything online stating that you must be a paid Audible member to connect to Sonos.
.co.uk library back
Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I had the same issue when using the search function (books or authors) within the Sonos app. There is a back-door method using the app though that works for me: 

1. Assuming the Audible account is registered with Sonos using the methods described above it will appear in the list of services of the Sonos App when “Browse” is selected.
  2. Select “Audible” and the screen should then show a number of different Audible regions.  Select the one relevant to your Audible account (in my case it was Audible.co.uk).
  3. When selected all of your audiobooks should appear and be selectable to be played wherever you require.

I hope this works for you as well.

This is still happening to me any ideas on a fix

Maybe you don’t find the correct method to play Audible on Sonos. You need to connect your Audible app to Sonos, then you can listen to Audible on Sonos. Or you would find that you cannot access Audible audiobooks on Sonos.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I use Sonos everyday so I am connecting correctly.  This issue was resolved by contacting Audible for a refresh of my library on their side..