Answered

Apple Music "Unable to browse music"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

129 replies

Userlevel 1

Reauthorized Apple account and it is working now!

Userlevel 1

Same issue as well.  Have tried every recommendation I could find, but nothing works.  Tedious!

Same for us, we have reauthorized, restarted, removed and reinstalled, all to no avail.  Started after the update to the app………..SONOS please patch this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @chriso205 

I appreciate your point, though in the vast majority of cases like this we only know about such a thing after customers flag it with us. Once we spot a trend, we investigate and if we are able to replicate the problem easily, we’ll update the status page. The nature of this particular issue meant that different regions were affected at different times and only a limited number of accounts were affected at all, making the issue more problematic to confirm.

Hi All.

Since the Apple Music outage a few days ago I just get the message “Unable to browse music” when trying yo use Apple Music.  I have removed and reloaded the account, reauthorised it etc to no avail.  I have a family account and I did notice that my partners library was working fine which seemed odd.

Its becoming a pain now as not all of my set u is Airpaty compatible so fiddling about to link things isn't very user friendly !

I see this seems to have happened over the years but wondered if anyone had a resolution to this ?

Hi

I have the same issue. Super disappointed in the communication of Sonos on this. They for sure know the reason why it is not working but leave everybody in the dark. Unacceptable.! Sonos get to work! 

Hola Andy!

Same  problem  here,  i have a 7 sonos system ( 4 sonos connect , 2 sonos amp, 1 sonos port) everything  was working  fine 2 days ago but  yesterday  just “Unable to browse music” from the sonos app on  the iphones and the PC.

i all ready  try  to:
 sync  different apple accounts.

turn  off  everything and  turn it  back on.
Even use a diferent  internet  connection.

the In-line funtion ( on the sonos connect)  works  fine. i am using  that  to  run my playlist  from my  tablet… to all the rooms.

Ditto.   Add a tick mark next to the issue to count another sufferer….  :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @andypower21 (et al)

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Just to let you all know, we are actively investigating this issue, but currently we do not have an ETA on a resolution.

If you experience this problem, first please test other sources on your Sonos system - if other sources are affected too, then the cause of the problem may be elsewhere, in which case I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Some customers have found that removing the Apple Music account from both Sonos and from the Apple Music app, then signing back into the AM app and then adding the account back onto Sonos fixes the issue. Instructions to remove your account from Sonos are on our Remove a music service account from Sonos help page. To remove the account from the Apple Music app on iOS devices, you will need to sign out of “App store, Books, Music, and Podcasts”: Settings > Name or Apple ID > Media & Purchases > Sign out. Once done, you can sign back in, then add the Apple Music service to Sonos once more.

If this does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who can try our test accounts on your system and take some details to aid the investigation.

As a workaround if you have AirPlay-compatible speakers (those with touch-sensitive panels instead of physical buttons), you can initiate Apple Music playback on your Sonos system by starting it in the Apple Music app instead of within the Sonos app, and AirPlaying to Sonos: Stream AirPlay audio to Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Still it persists! But yeah, let’s rather launch NEW speakers. 

same issue here

I'm having same issue for several weeks!  So frustrating! 

Hello Sonos support, I’m also affected by the ‘unable to browse music’ issue for Apple music. I’ve tried the workaround mentioned in this thread but that didn’t solve the issue. 

I hope there’s a solution soon …..

Kind regards, Jeroen

Hello Sonos support, I’m also affected by the ‘unable to browse music’ issue for Apple music. I’ve tried the workaround mentioned in this thread but that didn’t solve the issue. 

I hope there’s a solution soon …..

Kind regards, Jeroen

Me too, but I suspect Apple are perhaps just rolling things out region by region and switching things over to their new interface. I’m just going to wait and see what happens. Diagnostic:1648954687

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Sorry just to add voice control and search works ok. When I load content using voice it will play and then the history in the app does not show the album artwork and just the stock image. 

Same issue, started June 2nd. But although I can’t browse Apple Music on any of my Sonos devices, I can search Apple Music and play songs from Apple Music. Just cannot browse. Contacted Sonos Support as well and nothing helped (reauth, removing and adding service, restarting sonos speakers, restarting modem/router). May be related to the most recent Sonos app updates.

Same story here. I can enter the name of the Apple playlist I want to access, and it will display and stream without issue. Just can’t browse. 

SAME ISSUE HERE! Called Sonos. They gave me the run around of logging out, etc. SONOS needs to fix this!! 

Same issue 😏

Same issue, just gave up and canceled my apple account and started using spotify for the short term. Don’t know who’s fault it is, Apple or Sonos but I’m not buying anything else from sonos again either, so glad I have mostly AMPs driving speakers which makes it easier for me to dump the sonos hardware.  Something this basic should not be this broken.

Userlevel 1

Is this only affecting family use of ITunes?  I have my sister on the family access, she was able to use with her Sonos system until a few days ago, now only she has the same issue as reported here, my Apple Music works ok on her Sonos.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I wonder if it’s related to the Apple Music updated interface for Sonos. It seems some are fine and some are not. I wonder if it’s Apple Music family accounts that are affected? 

Since Apple are the ones who have changed the servers that they have told Sonos to point to, perhaps sending Apple a note would be more appropriate? To my knowledge, there has been no change on the Sonos side of that equation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @TiJay13 

In addition, this topic relates to being unable to browse Apple Music from within the Sonos app, not to being unable to authorise Apple Music on Android devices. Please stay on topic.

Badge +3

Same issue, just gave up and canceled my apple account and started using spotify for the short term. Don’t know who’s fault it is, Apple or Sonos but I’m not buying anything else from sonos again either, so glad I have mostly AMPs driving speakers which makes it easier for me to dump the sonos hardware.  Something this basic should not be this broken.

Just beware that if you are just using Spotify as a stop gap that Apple won’t keep hold of your library for you after a certain time. I don’t know what time that is but I used Spotify for 18 months and then had to start fresh with an empty library when I switched back again.

My Spotify account that had been dormant for years still had my library when I decided to use it again.

Same issue affects all my devices. Sonos will access Apple music via favorites button which then shows  playlists among favorites, which gives a backdoor to some of my music, but Sonos won’t communicate directly with Apple music library through the “magnifying glass” general search button.  

Same problem here. Although I am able to access my Apple Music songs & playlists through the “my sonos” tab