Skip to main content
Question

After the update this week, my Sonos can no longer access my iTunes Music Library.

I am running Windows 10 and the music is all digital on both my C drive and the Cloud.  After the update, now Sonos can no longer see/read my Apple Music Library.  My whole system is now basically useless.  I can bluetooth to my Move but … really?  if that’s all i want to do I don’t need Sonos.This worked fine until the update.  No warnings.  Nothing.  Just no longer works.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

With the new Sonos update I got yesterday, I again lost all access to my Music Library on my iPad and my Music Library will not play on my Macbook Pro.  Looks like another call to Sonos today.  I hope it’s not an hour in the queue on the telephone like it was the last two times I called.  It never used to be like that.  But, I need my Music Library, that’s my only source of music!

Ok guys, don’t know if there was another app update or not….but I got the sonos app to see my playlists. I opened iTunes, and File> Library> Export Library…  I exported to my Music folder. Then opened the sonos app Manage> Music Library Settings> added the Music folder. Then the sonos app went to work, and my iTunes playlists are back! I hope this helps you guys!

I tried this and was able to export the .xml file but when I tried adding it on the Sonia app the xml was greyed out …

Ok guys, don’t know if there was another app update or not….but I got the sonos app to see my playlists. I opened iTunes, and File> Library> Export Library…  I exported to my Music folder. Then opened the sonos app Manage> Music Library Settings> added the Music folder. Then the sonos app went to work, and my iTunes playlists are back! I hope this helps you guys!

I tried this and was able to export the .xml file but when I tried adding it on the Sonia app the xml was greyed out …

Maybe see if this link will assist you… (and don’t forget to re-index too)…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/itunes-playlists-missing-from-sonos-library-on-usb-drive

Badge

Chazilla, 

After this latest update, I can see my playlists but I’m back to getting the ‘access denied’ error. It sounds like that was NOT what you were having trouble with, correct?

Joe