"Your Sonos System Not Found" after it was already connected and playing

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds like a IP address issue.  I would unplug, reboot your router, and then plug back in to get a fresh IP address.
Diagnostics sent: 4724891.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Used Sonos this morning. Came back this evening. No connection. Trying to set up a new connection since it won't recognize the old one...no dice.
Thanks, quite the network setup there. It looks like you might have a wireless network broadcasting on each of the main channels, 1, 6, and 11 (based on SSIDs and strength of the signals). Several of your Sonos players are having trouble connecting through the interference as they're set to channel 6 presently.

Would you be able to clear off one of those three channels so that you can set Sonos to it alone? 
Used Sonos this morning. Came back this evening. No connection. Trying to set up a new connection since it won't recognize the old one...no dice.
Ok, I've left one SSID on 10 and the other on 1.  6 is open.  

Should I instead or additionally get rid of the bridge and do the new wireless setup on my wifi?  What difference would that make?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
With the number of players you have in your setup it'd probably be better to run off of the dedicated wireless, that way you don't need to worry about them taking too much of your wireless bandwidth. You could certainly test it out if you'd like. 

Let us know how it goes, if you have any more trouble can you send a diagnostic from there? If you don't see any of your players you'll need to check your wireless network too before you can send one.

Just another note, if you do wind up unable to see your Sonos system at times, see if you regularly have trouble while connected to one of those SSIDs versus the others. Your controller needs to be connected back to the same DHCP server that your players are connected to, so we recommend with multiple routers you have only one of them assigning IP addresses.
There does seem to be a huge amount of people with a similar problem
No, a substantial proportion of people posting here have problems. But then it's a support site, and those happy with their system don't usually take the time to brag about it. Likewise in a hospital or doctor's surgery you tend to find that most people are unwell, but that doesn't reflect the entire population.

Sonos has sold millions of units. If there was a systemic problem this site would be swamped with complaints.

I'd suggest you contact Sonos Support by phone or email. They should be able to get you up and running, then subsequently ask you to submit a diagnostic to see if there are any vulnerabilities due to your local wireless environment.
Hi ratty, and quite a few others are likely to be having problems don't post, i have been struggling with it for 3-months and this is my 1st one. Same as the number of people who are ill is not indicated by the amount of people who go to the doctors as many more will suffer in silence, so it works both ways.

My point is that when i search for the problems it does seem that a lot of people are having very similar issues spread over a large number of sites that they are struggling to resolve, and the main strength of Sonos system is supposed to be its connectivity between all of its systems.

I am assuming with 16,230 replies you are possibly working for Sonos anyway or an avid avid fan?

I will sit down and have a run through and see if i can get to the bottom of it but it is very frustrating.
My point is that when i search for the problems it does seem that a lot of people are having very similar issues spread over a large number of sites that they are struggling to resolve, and the main strength of Sonos system is supposed to be its connectivity between all of its systems.
The vast majority of connectivity issues are down to:
- a troublesome third party component, often a router
- a basic local network issue such as a duplicated IP address, which a network reboot usually fixes
- wireless strength/interference problems, and Sonos is no different from any tech in needing to abide by the laws of physics

Let Sonos Support help.

I am assuming with 16,230 replies you are possibly working for Sonos anyway or an avid avid fan?

Sonos employees are clearly identifiable. I'm just a former user moderator from the original Sonos forums.
A quick post to let anyone know how we resolved it. Spoke with technical support and it was not working because Sonos doesn't work well with TP-Link wireless extenders, which i wasn't aware of, so as i had the boost to set up the Sonos network the only step that i hadn't taken was to forget my home wifi network, sounds like it was picking up both the Sonos network and my wifi network and they didn't play nicely together.

So anyone else looking for a solution, go to settings > advanced settings > wireless setup > next, and then there should be a reset button to hit which wipes out any wifi setup and lets the boost work on its own. Not something that i had read anywhere but as ratty points out i should have called up ages ago as it was a simple fix.

All fixed, very happy now!! Now to get back to the shop and buy some more speakers
I have 6 Play 5s, 2 Connect Amps, and 1 Connect and have been experiencing the "Your Sonos system was not found"" error now for at least 8 months . I had been using the beta software but have switched back to release and still have the issue. I have been using the system for nearly 2 years with no issue.

Most of the devices are hardwired to my network. I have reset the controllers and the devices countless times now. I have tried most of the suggestions in this thread.

Diagnostic Info sent: Your confirmation number is: 4995971.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
morreale, there are others far more knowledgeable than me who may proffer advice. But one thing I noted is that you really only need one of the Sonos devices hard wired to the network. I think it might actually be unhelpful if more than 1 is wired to your router.

I'd try unplugging all but one of them from the network and then switch of all network attached devices including the router and then restart all router first and so on.