"Your Sonos System Not Found" after it was already connected and playing

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

Badge
Sonos is fantastic until it is not Biggest upset was the day of a huge family get together, and NO Sonos. My daughter connected her Iphone to something and that was all we had, so annoying, no music is just NOT GOOD!!
Badge
I have bridges and boosters, one day Sonos was perfect and then it disappeared. This has been happening for years, however for over the past month it has completely disappeared
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have bridges and boosters, one day Sonos was perfect and then it disappeared. This has been happening for years, however for over the past month it has completely disappeared

Hi Annoyedbysonos,

It sounds like your BRIDGE is losing communication with your router from time to time. This may be due to a faulty ethernet cable, faulty ethernet port, or IP address conflict. Please start by swapping out the ethernet cable and see if that helps. You can also try swapping ethernet ports on your BRIDGE and Router.

If the issue remains, try wiring a different Sonos unit into your router and see if your system returns.

You can also try the steps outlined in this FAQ.

If none of these steps help, please let me know and I'll create a support ticket for you and get you in contact with our phone team for further troubleshooting.
Badge
thank you I will do that
Guys! I've had problem with "Your sonos was not found" all the time and seems that I found a solution!

My router has 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz wifis on by default. It turns out that Sonos were using one standard while my phone would use the other one.

What I did is I turned off 5 ghz on my wifi router (because I'm using some older equipment that doesn't work with 5ghz) and using 2.4 ghz wifi only now. Worked like a charm! My iphone 6 connects to Sonos system immediately every single time!

Try to fix your router settings and make your Sonos system great again!
Badge
thanks, I will try all suggestions
Userlevel 3
Badge
The software is uncapable of finding out if the controller software is communicating through 2.4Ghz networks while the equipment is on 5Ghz networks and vice versa. In 99% of the cases I simply had to switch my Ipad/Iphone to the other network to get a connection.

IP address conflicts, none. All equipment has been given IPs through DHCP as could been seen in the clients table in the router. No conflicts either.

I have quite alot of networking equipment but the Sonos equipment is the only one causing issues. The software is simply mediocre.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The software is uncapable of finding out if the controller software is communicating through 2.4Ghz networks while the equipment is on 5Ghz networks and vice versa. In 99% of the cases I simply had to switch my Ipad/Iphone to the other network to get a connection.

IP address conflicts, none. All equipment has been given IPs through DHCP as could been seen in the clients table in the router. No conflicts either.

I have quite alot of networking equipment but the Sonos equipment is the only one causing issues. The software is simply mediocre.

Are you asking for help or is this just a grumble. I can't tell from your post.

By the way the SonosNet operates on 2,4 GHz. It uses the 5 GHz to connect sub and surrounds to Playbar. If your Idevice connects to YOUR wi-fi's 5 GHz network then that isn't Sonos' fault.
The software is simply mediocre.
The Sonos software simply follows the established UPnP standard for device discovery.

The 'mediocre' part is where some routers fail to forward such traffic between their 2.4GHz and 5GHz segments.
Badge
my sonos disappears and reappears, very annoying, however, when it is working we love it! Yes, I understand it is my network that drops it, and then finds it.

Well, that right there is your problem. Sonos doesn't communicate with your router in the 5 GHZ band. Unfortunately, with Sonos in WiFi mode (no wired Sonos components), most basic routers separate the 5 GHZ and 2.4 GHz into separate segments. So your devices on the 5 GHz WLAN can't communicate with devices on the 2.4 GHz WLAN, and Sonos is exclusively on the 2.4 GHz WLAN.

The software is simply mediocre.

Actually, the software is quite robust. You are just using it at its most basic level, with a basic router. For a worry free install that will use both the 2.4 and 5 GHz WLAN, connect one of your Sonos devices directly to your router to activate the Sonosnet mesh mode. If one is not convenient to your router or a LAN port, get a Boost for the wired component.
Userlevel 2
This is happening to me too, please help. Diagnostic code 7194276
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
This is happening to me too, please help. Diagnostic code 7194276

The diagnostic is showing a lot of wireless interference on the BOOST. Have you tried changing the wireless channel on your Sonos system?

Also, make sure that the BOOST is not right next to your router or any other wireless device, like a cordless phone base station. A few feet is good, more is better.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Howie,

This thread has some great steps to start with for troubleshooting that problem. Likely your wired Sonos component is losing connection to the network, or your wireless devices are getting disconnected for some reason. 

If you're still having trouble, can you please submit a diagnostic and reply back with your confirmation number?

Thanks
Thanks Ryan.  The unplug and restart seems to have worked today.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I give up!

When I first set the system up it worked.  Now NONE of the controllers will connect "Your SONOS System was not found".  So, I reset the controller - connect to my existing system, although I have to press the buttons on the nearest device for it to find anything, but it does eventually say you are connected.  click "done" and guess what?

"your SONOS system was not found"

I thought this system was supposed to be easy to set up and use!  I have a pair of play 1s in the kitchen both running wirelessly and a bridge connected to my router (in the room directly above).  I also have a Play 3.  I have tried connecting it using wireless, but it can't be found even in the room next door (very thick stone walls) so I have connected it using devolo home plugs.

It worked - for about half a song - then the whole lot fell over again!

I have tried reserving IP addresses on my router for each of the SONOS units, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I still have a Connect in its box which I was planning to use in my lounge (even more stone walls away!) but frankly I think I'll just box the whole lot back up again and take it back.

I've spent the thick end of £1000 and what a waste of money!

Hi Tim,

If you'd like a hand we're happy to help. Looks like Chris and TH3 DAVESTAT0R were helping you in a different thread. I can assist there too if you'd like some more help.

We'd be happy to help over the phone too if you'd like a technician to work with you live. You can give us a call on our support line here.
I give up!

When I first set the system up it worked.  Now NONE of the controllers will connect "Your SONOS System was not found".  So, I reset the controller - connect to my existing system, although I have to press the buttons on the nearest device for it to find anything, but it does eventually say you are connected.  click "done" and guess what?

"your SONOS system was not found"

I thought this system was supposed to be easy to set up and use!  I have a pair of play 1s in the kitchen both running wirelessly and a bridge connected to my router (in the room directly above).  I also have a Play 3.  I have tried connecting it using wireless, but it can't be found even in the room next door (very thick stone walls) so I have connected it using devolo home plugs.

It worked - for about half a song - then the whole lot fell over again!

I have tried reserving IP addresses on my router for each of the SONOS units, but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I still have a Connect in its box which I was planning to use in my lounge (even more stone walls away!) but frankly I think I'll just box the whole lot back up again and take it back.

I've spent the thick end of £1000 and what a waste of money!

Ryan, thanks.

It appears to me that the Play 3 (connected through Devolo home plug) is what's causing the issue, as when I disconnect it, the two play 1s seem to work ok in the kitchen.  Whilst this is positive, it does kind of defeat the object of investing in the sonos kit if I cannot extend it to other rooms.  I could achieve the same effect in my kitchen for about 10% of the cost of two play 1s.

I will take up your offer of live support as soon as I get back home this afternoon and hopefully they will be able to help me get the whole system working and stable.  If they can't I will have to return all of the Sonos equipment.  I have read that Sonos have an excellent returns policy, lets hope we do not have to put that to the test.

Tim
I have the same issue.  No change in configuration except Sonos software update and mac Yosemite.  A computer reboot helps the system get recognized again by remote controller.
Used Sonos this morning. Came back this evening. No connection. Trying to set up a new connection since it won't recognize the old one...no dice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Used Sonos this morning. Came back this evening. No connection. Trying to set up a new connection since it won't recognize the old one...no dice.
There are some great suggestions to try here, including a guided assistance to get this up and running. Checking the network and that Sonos is still connected to it are a great start.

Also, we don't recommend going through the New Connection option as it'll reset your Sonos components. If finding an existing setup doesn't work, there are some great steps before trying to reinstall everything.

Let us know how it's going. If you're still having trouble and need a hand quick, you can always give us a call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Brad,

Looks like you have an incident with our support team already open and under review, they'll be in touch soon. We'll be happy to help getting your system up and running again if you'd like a hand, just let them know.
Do I have to have an additional Ethernet cable to plug into the sonos
Unplugging the BRIDGE seems to work tonite when it got funky. Why mostly at night?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
When you're having trouble connecting, what error message do you see? Is it that you don't have any rooms that can play music or do you see a Sonos system not found?

There could be a number of things that might occur at night which could cause this sort of issue, a good example would be a neighbor turning on their baby monitor which runs on the same frequency as most wireless devices (2.4 GHz). This is simply an example though, it's hard to say without more information.

Do you mind sending a diagnostic from the system when you have a chance? Though you can't do this if the whole system is missing, you can do it if you just see the BRIDGE or when it's back up. It'll still contain some good information for us to start with.
Userlevel 2
It's started happening to me every morning with my Sonos Amp. It can't be found on my laptop or phone but if I reboot the Amp it works. Every morning it is the same for the last week or so.

Has something changed in a recent update or something?