Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Love my Sonos and Surface RT. I wish they would work together!
I'm also really hopeful that Sonos will make apps for Windows 8 and for Windows Phone 8. It was understandable that Sonos took a wait-and-see approach to Windows Phone 7, but Windows 8 should have a much more attractive market share. Fingers crossed! 🙂
Desperately waiting for:.. 1. Windows RT App 2. Windows 8 Phone App 3. Xbox Music / Zune Music Subscription service
Windows phone 7: No Sonos app Windows Phone 8: No Sonos app Windows RT (Surface): No Sonos app Been waiting a long time now. I LOVE my Sonos, but I feel like I am being left behind when I have to take my phone AND my Sonos controller outside to enjoy some music with my friends (who can not only control their Sonos with their iphones, but can control mine as well). Is it time yet? Say yes. Thank you.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Also a happy Sonos owner with a zone in every area of the house. -Looking to update several rooms with new large screen (20"+) all-in-one PCs running Windows 8. Would LOVE a Metro based control interface for Sonos to run in each room. -Likewise same interface to be used on Surface/RT devices -XBOX would be nice to have with something relevant to what is playing (album art, etc) + kinnect Sonos controller capabilities -Same with Windows Phone for pocket controller we are attempting to rid ourselves of iOS equipment as it is dated and frankly provides us no value other than a Sonos controller. Are very interested to see how Sonos can embrace the new world of touch and large screen computing in every room of the house!
Please create a WinRT and a Windows Phone 8 App. It would make Sonos so much better!
Userlevel 2
Badge
Also a happy Sonos owner with a zone in every area of the house. -Looking to update several rooms with new large screen (20"+) all-in-one PCs running Windows 8. Would LOVE a Metro based control interface for Sonos to run in each room. -Likewise same interface to be used on Surface/RT devices -XBOX would be nice to have with something relevant to what is playing (album art, etc) + kinnect Sonos controller capabilities -Same with Windows Phone for pocket controller we are attempting to rid ourselves of iOS equipment as it is dated and frankly provides us no value other than a Sonos controller. Are very interested to see how Sonos can embrace the new world of touch and large screen computing in every room of the house!
Badge
Suggestions from a happy Sonos (10 zone owner) who highly recommends Sonos all the time: - a Windows Phone-based controller app - a Windows RT Modern UI-based controller app - native Xbox Music service integration support including streaming - not just the ability to play downloaded DRM-free music - Pandora "genre search" and station creation (not just artist and track, but proper genre based search capability and station creation) Thanks, Steve
I just setup a 23" touch screen in between my living room and kitchen and would absolutely love a Windows 8 Sonos app. Windows Phone 8 as well. I just started purchasing Sonos components and the software availability and long term support were my primary reasons for choosing Sonos.
Please add a app for Win RT and Win8 phone. That's the one thing preventing me from recommending the awesome Sonos to my friends and relatives.
Userlevel 1
Can't invest any more in a product (Sonos) that is so slow when it comes to supporting the "new" Windows platforms - it is a big worry. The second worry is the lack of communication with the users - It is very poor managed.
Userlevel 1
Please please please add... 1. Windows RT App 2. Windows 8 Phone App 3. Xbox Music / Zune Music Subscription service
I'm an avid iOS user. but recently purchased my windows surface with rt. I use sonos all the time and would be disappointed if you don't release one soon Adam
I too vote for a Windows app. The Modern UI interface is absolutely wonderful when it comes to consuming media! Also, if all buisiness logic is placed within a Portable Class Library 95% of the code can be shared between a Windows app and a Windows Phone (both 7.5 and 😎 app. This means that you can make a Windows app and pretty much get a Windows Phone app for free. Been there and done that so I know by my own experience that it really does work!
I've ditched my iPad in favour of a MS Surface, which I consider to be so much better. The only thing it's missing is a Sonos app 😞 Oh, and scummvm 🙂
Hello, here in France we surely ALL want a small Windows 8 Ap too ! It would be so great if Sonos could be piloted from the small windows Tiles ! I hope one day........... J-C
I have bought a Sonos 5 today and have sadly found no way of syncing with W8 Surface RT (UK). Are you able to let me know when this will be available as otherwise I will have to take the Sonos back
I understand that SONOS is not giving any hints as to its plans in this realm which I find extremely disappointing, given the user friendliness of the Surface and the high quality of the XBox Music service. Rather than wait, does anyone know of a workaround to stream XBox Music from the Surface RT to the Sonos speakers (without the use of a cable)?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
429 people took the time to "like" this. Does SONOS really have that much disregard for people who have already given them money?
Wow... Sonos, this is a great way to LOSE CUSTOMERS! Suggest you send out an update to all of us Windows RT folks when you will have an app in place. I too will eventually lose patience (and buy a Bluetooth speaker system instead of upgrading my house with a new Sonos 5). I love my Sonos but hate asking my wife to borrow her IPad to play my music. I just bought an Asus Vivo Tablet with Windows RT on it. Awesome machine which would be much better if I had a Sonos app. on it. Sonos: please advise re. timeline for Beta app. to market please???
Userlevel 2
Me too. I'm looking forward to support for Xbox Music streaming in Sonos, and controller apps on Windows Phone and RT. Any idea when this is going to happen?
This is very hard to understand. What is the reason not supporting Windows RT, Windows Phone und Windows 8 with an APP? I am very concerned aboud this. Do not think - start delivering...
I have had my Sonos gear since it first came on the market years ago and have continue to add to my system and been thrilled with the continued evolution of your offerings, the Microsoft install base that will migrate to Windows 8 is the largest target market you are ever likely to see, and all of those users are going to expect a native metro styled app - over the years you have read the trends well and introduced support for Apple and Android products to satisfy the demand, Windows 8 and RT will be big so best get in early to cover all your bases
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Any idea when there may be a sensible response from Sonos on this? I've not got a lot of history on this forum but 400 requests for this seems to suggest it's one of the more desired updates. I'm not even asking for a date, just confirmation that it's planned and if not a good reason why not. I've had to set up a ridiculous solution at home to remote desktop from our Surface to the media centre PC just to be able to control the Sonos system, it's really not ideal.
Badge
Sonos team, I have just bought a complete Sonos Solution for my house... After christmas everyone on my place receive surface and Windows phone 8 devices now Xbox Music with Bluetooth speakers are making my sono's system looks like an old fashioned system... no One can control the all Sonos system... Don't let die the great experience behind SONOS in my place... a simple Windows RT / win 8 controller will keep my SONOS rocking...