Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Badge
Please do a Windows 8 version of the SONOS controller, both for the PC and the Windows 8 phone. I think that is what this topic is for so have +1'd it.
Userlevel 2
This has been under consideration for so long now its a bit silly! Please let us know whats going on! THe uptake of Win 8 and Surface devices must indicate that there is a good amount business here. I no longer use my Sonos because I cant use it with xBox Music or my Surface RT! So I'm not likely to go and buy more, or recommend it. Its a shame as its a great product. Is it just you're all anti MS and pro Apple?
now, a new sonos version 4.0 are online, but no windows rt or windows phone 8 app. WHY????? So, please create a windows rt and windows phone 8 app!!!!!!!
my 3 Sonos speakers in my house and office need Windows phone8 and Windows RT support! Do more and the consumers will come. Listen to the masses they are speaking!
Hi. Can't wait until the New UI and the Windows Phone 8 app is released. I really hope it will be sooner, than later. Missing a statement on the ETA as well...
Windows Support is already available - the desktop controller? Anything else should happen on Android anyway.
I really don't know whats difficult about saying yes or no. Even at least X months away. That way existing users or potential users can make informed decisions. I was going to buy another zone but Im not sure I can be bothered now.
Badge +18
User712009, I can appreciate your point of view and that you, like the other contributors to this topic, are excited and passionate about Sonos as well as Microsoft's newest offering, the Windows 8 platform. To your points, you're welcome to take any meaning you'd like from my previous statement. Please know that Sonos does not pre-announce products and that this topic is still marked as Under Consideration. Sonos is not ready to make any other statement at this time but please know we are still here and we are still listening. Thank you, John
Dear John M, This is no answer. This is a politician talking, no better no worse – but the fact remains, you’re not saying anything. Don’t you understand that the majority of the comments here, is from technological frontrunners. These people have major influence on many others, and will influence their decisions. If you don’t treat them properly, you will lose their support. They will find other solutions and recommend this to others. So if you value these ambassadors please consider giving a proper answer. The question is simple: Will you develop apps to support Windows RT/Windows Phone 8 or not??? By not answering, you are in fact answering.
Badge +18
Thank you for your continued interest in and feedback regarding Windows 8 RT for the Surface tablet and Windows Phone 8 for mobile devices. Although Sonos does not formally pre-announce future products or features, please know that we are committed to continually enhancing our product capabilities to support major industry operating systems and platforms and delivering the best Sonos user experience possible.
Dear Sonos Developers, Please consider that you need to build the App for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 RT just once and compile the Apps just for the phone and windows 8 runtime. Thats a very efficient approach. We would love to see the Sonos contol App for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 RT desperatly because Windows 8 rocks!
No way to control my sonos for a few months now...getting slightly annoyed.
Userlevel 2
Badge
As my house in process of being built now, I have to make a decision on a music system. Was really hoping and planning to go with Sonos, but as they refuse to even acknowledge the need to support Win 8, I have to look elsewhere. This is a huge disappointment, but without a viable controller option I have no other choice.
I support this too. Would find it very useful if I could control Sonos from my Windows 7 or 8 phone plus my Windows 8 RT tablet. As soon as this is supported I shall be buying the 2 x Play:3 and Bridge bundle
Bump windows phone. Bring windows devices into the fold
Userlevel 2
My Surface RT arrives today...looking forward to the release of a compatible app. Thanks.....
+1 Come on now. You need to support this platform now and in the future.
+1 Come on Sonos, you make wonderful products, but I've been waiting 2.5 years for an app on Windows Phone and now I have a family of Surfaces and Win8 machines (not to mention an Xbox Music subscription) that are crying out for a bit of Sonos love.
Come on Sonos, Windows Phone 8 and Windows Surface - why would not you not do that? Peter
Never begged before but I've got to say that Sonos is the best thing I've ever adopted, and please, please, please, consider adding a Windows RT interface..... And not to worry, I'll still be purchasing replacements for my older and newer style controllers, if they ever give up. Awesome products...
I broke down and bought a kindle fire to be able to use my Sonos system without my laptop. Would love to be able to use my windows phone....and to justify buying a Surface sooner rather than later
Would love to have an app that would let me control my Sonos systems from either my Windows 8 Phone and / or my Windows 8 RT surface.... I keep an old IPOD touch witn the SONOS software on it to control it....
Add me to the list of wanting apps for Windows Phone and Windows 8 I sell Sonos quite frequently to clients. But when they have a Windows Phone, I either have to turn them away from the product or convince them to buy a different phone. Both are not ideal solutions. I'm also seeing more and more clients with new Windows 8 machines in their home which they would like to use as a controller. Again, it's not a fun conversation to tell them that their bright shinny new Surface can't function as a Sonos controller. And you can chalk me up as one of these clients. I own a Windows Phone and a Surface RT. The only reason I don't own a Sonos system myself yet is because I don't have a compatible device.
Add me to the list of wanting apps for Windows Phone and Windows 8 I sell Sonos quite frequently to clients. But when they have a Windows Phone, I either have to turn them away from the product or convince them to buy a different phone. Both are not ideal solutions. I'm also seeing more and more clients with new Windows 8 machines in their home which they would like to use as a controller. Again, it's not a fun conversation to tell them that their bright shinny new Surface can't function as a Sonos controller. And you can chalk me up as one of these clients. I own a Windows Phone and a Surface RT. The only reason I don't own a Sonos system myself yet is because I don't have a compatible device.