"Sonos was unable to add the music folder"

• 12 August 2013
  • 57 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

57 replies

I'm having the same issue but I'm running OS X Yosemite as I'm beta testing it. Sonos may want to look into Yosemite as something in the new OS doesn't allow Sonos to share the Music folder I keep getting denied. I even tried manually.
Same issue here, is Sonos fit for Yosemite?
In my situation, we had two network connections to the iMac for business reasons. We disabled one, plus the wifi, and the music folder seem to map. Not sure why Sonos cannot map a local folder with two network connections.
I'm having the same issue but I'm running OS X Yosemite as I'm beta testing it. Sonos may want to look into Yosemite as something in the new OS doesn't allow Sonos to share the Music folder I keep getting denied. I even tried manually.
Userlevel 2
I have this problem now. no firewall.
Gunnar, This is still an issue. has anyone found a solution?
I had the same problem and disabling the firewall makes it work, but I can't figure out how to change my settings so I don't have to disable it. My firewall isn't listed at the link (PrivateFirewall). Can you advise me as to what type of setting I'm trying to change? Or is there some permission I need to grant? Thanks!
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi Matt, Do you have a firewall installed? If so, please have a look at this guide on how to configure your firewall software: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/692/~/firewall-and-internet-security-software Keep me posted on your progress.