Sonos S2 14.18.2 notification: stopping the service may interrupt playback notifications

• 8 November 2022
  • 69 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Same issue here. Pixel 4.

Anyone else having blips while opening the app. Like the app is attempting to open over and over and over again. Takes about 10 seconds or more to settle down and work?

Me Too. I turned OFF notifications.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Seeing this as well, but I've hidden the notification type. One positive thing I'm seeing is that the mini player notification is actually sticking around which hasn't worked in a long time.

I came here to post the same thing. It's annoying to have two icons, but at least the mini player hasn't disappeared all day. 

Seeing this as well, but I've hidden the notification type. One positive thing I'm seeing is that the mini player notification is actually sticking around which hasn't worked in a long time.

Same issue on Galaxy Fold 4. Not a huge deal, but it shouldn't be there. Not a huge fan of notifications that serve no purpose and I can't get rid of. Hopefully this is a bug that gets fixed soon.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Same issue on a redmi note 10 running miui 12.

Appears constantly.

Clearly a bug.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue here, running 14.18.2 on a Google Pixel 6a running Android 13

Userlevel 1

Support says that the notification is “normal.”  Of course, it didn’t appear until recently, so, why does it appear now?  And how can it be normal when it’s clearly extraneous?  It’s true that the notification doesn’t appear to affect my system’s operation, but we should be able to remove the extraneous notification without having to shutdown all background notifications for the app.

@Glynnthere, Check out the new Amazon Music app. Prime Music is now basically a customised radio station.

Here’s an official announcement.

https://www.amazonforum.com/s/feed/0D56Q0000AIXzAoSQL

Same issue here with recent update version 14.18.2 using a range of sonos products and app on Samsung S22, also note Amazon connection is not what it used to be... search turns very little results and saved albums no longer play stating "unable to browse music"... we checked Amazon account and connection, but no joy :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

This little bug does not bother me too much as it does not impact on playback at all.

I’m guessing Sonos will fix it like they did with the dots issue on the iOS app some time back.

Badge

Same. Google Pixel 7 Pro.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same for me.  Wondering if it’s related to the fact that SONOS suddenly can’t find the path to the music on my local computer for each new song.  And there’s also the Pocket Casts problem that’s acknowledged on their status page.
The last update has just kind of broken my system…. wish we could just roll it back.

Same issue for me after the update Android 12

Badge

Same for me, Galaxy S20. Never had this before 14.18.2. it's pretty annoying and seems like a bug to me.

Toggle off Background Services seems to be the only solution. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I have the same message S10+ Android 12

What did Sonos say when you called Support about it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I have the same so glad it's not just me. Maybe a bit of a bug?

I'm Android too - version 12