Sonos no longer support IOS streaming

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

83 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
One other thing
If you are using phones and pads as your Controller
Don't you think you should get better support from the company's that make them ?
So Apple makes changes and Sonos decides it can’t be bothered updating software . I use my phone to play my music and no I don’t want to join a streaming service or stream from my Mac. Oh or I could buy a new Sonos speaker that supports AirPlay. Ah ha there’s the logic behind this .
It isn't something Sonos can fix alone. There are plenty of solutions that don't involve buying Sonos gear. But believe what you like. I recommend HomePods.
I have 4 x Play:1s used across two rooms. If i buy 1 x Play One will this solve the streaming issue?

I can live with replacing one speaker but not all four.

Thanks for any feedback!
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
The least expensive Sonos speaker is called One. This speaker is Airplay capable.

An other option would be buying the Ikea "by Sonos" Symfonisk Bookshelf speaker. This speaker would also introduce Airplay into you Sonos system but is cheaper.
So, just to be sure, adding just 1 x Airplay compatible speaker to my set-up would allow me to continue streaming music stored on my iPhone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Yes. You would Airplay your music to the new player and group the new player with your existing Sonos players.
Thanks so much for clarifying this point!
I can only speak for myself. I have Sonos Play 1's in 2 houses. I am disappointed that Sonos won't bother to support customers who play music from their iPhones. Time to get rid of my Sonos equipment.