Sonos for Apple Watch

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I have 5 watches on order for the whole family.... 3 are now shipping (and will be with me tomorrow) and the two bigger ones (42mm) no delivery date.

I have 3 x Play 5's , 4 x Play 1's, 2 x sub and 2 x playbar - so I'd love to control and play from the watch..... come on Sonos make us all happy and give us an Apple Watch Sonos app for tomorrow please !!!

Very optimistic indeed, not to get all your hopes up but you never know.
+1 on the apple watch app
Sonos---please tell us you're working on something for the apple watch? Pandora already has it done along with several other music players. If I'm at my house with music playing, I need press pause quickly. I can't imagine a better solution than the watch for volume, pause and room. Even a small beta with very limited features would be huge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Watch 42mm with milanese loop. considering extra band" (bright, but not so) blue leather loop.
I got the same as Phillip - Stainless with Milanese 42mm
I SO agree! SOnos, don't let others beat you to it! Your devoted customers WANT THIS!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
I have 5 watches on order for the whole family.... 3 are now shipping (and will be with me tomorrow) and the two bigger ones (42mm) no delivery date.

I have 3 x Play 5's , 4 x Play 1's, 2 x sub and 2 x playbar - so I'd love to control and play from the watch..... come on Sonos make us all happy and give us an Apple Watch Sonos app for tomorrow please !!!

I love the idea of an Apple watch app. At the same time, there are more pressing features their developers need to integrate.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I love the idea of an Apple watch app. At the same time, there are more pressing features their developers need to integrate.
Sonos Apple watch! You can model the UI after the music app Apple made for their native player on the apple watch
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Personally I say fly the flag, fly it high and get the jump on this before your competitors release an App to control their multi-room systems on the Apple "Watch" Bernhard is right in saying there are more pressing features that need developing but being able to control your sonos from the Apple "Watch" would be amazing. Tick-Tock sonos.
+1 to Sonos app for apple watch . Got mine today. loving it.
+1 to Sonos app for apple watch . Got mine today. loving it.

Me too! It would be so convenient to be able to control Sonos from the watch!
It would be really nice to skip songs and change Volume on your wrist!
After a few hours with apple watch, no doubt that Sonos control app is needed.
Come on sonos... Would be a great addition to the control
Apple watch support please.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They did post on Thursday.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
It would be nice if Sonos communicated with us occasionally - feels like we are talking to ourselves all the time which I don't expect for an expensive product like Sonos....  
@MarkM read the whole thread and you'll see sonos have responded - like others we want to see sonos working on the Apple "Watch" but for now we will have to wait and see what happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
My assumption from the communication the other day is that Apple Watch is on their radar.  I would imagine in seeing how Sonos operates they would not think of full development of the app until they had an apple watch in their hands for testing (and then in hands of users for beta testing).  If in fact they are looking to develop an Apple Watch remote app I would say minimum 3 months from now and that would probably only be to beta.  Not wanting to be a negative nancy but I haven't seen Sonos go through the development stages any more swiftly in past.
Yes!!! Sonos on Apple Watch would be just the thing
They did post on Thursday.
Add another Sonos user to the "Please develop an Apple Watch App" list. Would be a great fit.  
any news?
Hello Sonos, anybody out there? What's the status?
Userlevel 3
Dear JotWee, please read the thread. "News" was posted last Thursday by a Sonos representative. I doubt that the situation has dramatically changed since then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If they are working on they will not confirm.... they just don't comment on future plans.
Userlevel 3
Read the thread!! The status is in there!!! Also read the post just above yours!! Jeez!
"Anybody" posted a status last Thrusday.  Now I know that doesn't meet the "WE NEED HOURLY UPDATES FOR MY FAVORITE NEW FUNCTION!!!  ZOMG!!" standard, but I think less than a week later is a little too soon to be clamoring for a new status.