Sonos for Apple Watch

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Any ETA for the app... I'm in full swing with my iwatch and really would like to change the music via my iwatch rather then my iPhone.... 
Go for it! SOON 😉 TIA!
Please please please a Sonos app for Apple Watch
Gerard, I agree!  I love my Sonos system, but they never seem to listen to the customer.  People have been asking for an app (which I'm sure they will make at some point), but also other things like headphones that people have been asking for for YEARS 
and make the so obvious app for apple watch!
OK,....just use for now Kronos app.....and wait patiently for Sonos to focus on customer needs.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Email beta@zoneplay.co.uk
Works oké
Use for now Kronos
+1  - I'd love to control volume, play/pause, and next song with my apple watch
ditto!!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I am very interested in an Apple Watch app for Sonos also.
Absolutely would love to see a Sonos controller app for the apple watch
I just got my watch. Yes please for a Sonos app for Apple Watch!
I just got an Apple Watch and I totally agree with Dan above. I would love to be able to control some basic Sonos features like volume from my watch. I don't carry my phone in the house (women's clothes rarely have pockets) but my watch is always on me. A watch app is right in line with the simplicity and forward-thinking principles of Sonos.
Userlevel 3
Just got my Apple Watch (with Link Bracelet) today! 😃 It is great so far! The future on my wrist.

Zoneplay is SO COOL! Mike has done a great job on the watch in integrating exactly what is needed and not overloading the app. I LOVE Play/Pauseing and controlling the volume of my whole setup. Individual volumes are there (if needed), but not too prominent - very good. Tons of speakers "listen" to a thing as small as 42mm.

I will certainly have some suggestions a little bit further in. Zoneplay is in my "inner ring" of apps around the Watch icon on my app start screen - a place for only the most valuable of apps.

I have set my Watch to return to the last used app (instead of the watch face). That makes very much sense for Zoneplay. Just look at the watch and the play/pause button as well as the volume slider is there (it isn't a slider, just 2 buttons left and right with some graphical slidery thing, which cannot be manipulated by sliding or the crown).

Many reviews talk about app loading times being too long. Well. They are there, but are mostly ok. I am looking forward to native apps running on this thing.

On a footnote: doing phone calls on the Apple Watch is hilarious!! I feel so Knight Rider(ish). ;-)))
Yes please! Apple Watch app!!!
I'm using Kronos now.  It seems to give you the same control that Apple's remote app provides - pause/play, back, forward, volume.  It would be nice to pick a playlist.  Not bad if you don't feel like getting up to find your phone or iPad.
Sonos on the Apple Watch would be an awesome Idea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you have Apple watch now there are some 3rd party Apple watch control options.
Userlevel 2
YES PLEASE. This would be a killer watch app!
Another vote for apple watch support. I uses sonos all the time, and would like to be able to change stations/playlists and control volume my watch.
Just purchased my watch!  (won't come in until July), but like everyone else, would love to have a Sonos app for the watch.  Also, the watch is compatible with only bluetooth headphones, so like people previously mentioned , it would be great to make a head phone or partner with another brand that makes it compatible!  Thanks!
I was among the first to clamor for an Apple Watch Sonos app. But I do think that a watch app is NOT a "no brainer"... 

The Sonos app on the iPhone is a complex and multi-faceted application, providing a wide array of choices. How to condense that functionality into an Apple Watch is probably tricky: what to include, what to exclude, and how to provide the most satisfying interface is probably not an easy task. To include too much would be disasterous for this small screen, but leaving out crucial functionality would have the members of the forum incensed. I can't imagine that Sonos is not thinking about this issue very carefully. This is not a matter of simple "play/pause/stoop" functionality, nor loading just a boarding pass and notifications...

I look forward to Sonos' creative thinking on this issue. 

It would be nice to see the queue as well, but I like the idea of keeping it simple.