Sonos for Apple Watch

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

Hey Joe, check the comment above. Works fine with my play 1.
Badge
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an Apple Watch app developed ASAP! It's an obvious choice to be able to control music as you move around the house without having to find and reach for the iPhone or iPad every time you want to pause or play or chaneg volume. It's begging for it!
CapnLes, found another app called Sonobit high up in the App Store list when searching for Sonos that gives control for Sonos through the Apple Watch. Have have some extra stuff in it to like control from the slide down menu at the locked screen which I want use but someone else might. Good reviews and works like a charm.
https://appsto.re/se/n36-8.i
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Well until Sonos makes one you can use:

ZonePlay 

Or 

SonoSequencr
I agree - a watch app, even if it has to connect to an iPhone somewhere in the house for some of its functions, would be a great step forward in convenience!
Watch 2.0 will fix that!
Not a huge Apple fan myself. Although I caved and went iPhone years ago and then the Apple watch. I do have Airsonos setup if I ever have a need (I never use it) but it is a free option. I'm using deezer and my son keeps rhapsody so I have no intention of going Apple music (plus I really dislike iTunes).
Agreed - and apple music support is also a topic for other threads (imo)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Not a huge Apple fan myself. Although I caved and went iPhone years ago and then the Apple watch. I do have Airsonos setup if I ever have a need (I never use it) but it is a free option. I'm using deezer and my son keeps rhapsody so I have no intention of going Apple music (plus I really dislike iTunes).
These are topics for other threads (which there are)
Chris I hear you - however repeating that you can add airplay support by purchasing a specific item from apple is how I'm doing it - that does not however release Sonos from the responsibility to make it flexible in sources. 

Sonos in my opinion are slow in software development and innovation.... the product is superb, the build quality is superb and the sound quality is superb..... but the apps and support of 'mainstream'' without additional hardware is like....

VHS and betamax (we all know that betamax was the far superior product yet VHS won)!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And there are several options to add AirPlay to Sonos currently available for those with the need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Apple music within Sonos application would be superior in not using home wifi bandwidth in casting. AirPlay has some significant disadvantages over integrated Sonos applications (with flexibility of sources being the only advantage).
I've done this a while ago but frankly (in my opinion) its in Sonos's hands to just work with airplay.... I'd prefer both but actually we have neither....!

So I've made my points on the Apple support site and I am doing so here on Sonos.... Id hate to have to replace all the Sonos stuff with Bose (I have Bose in the UK and it works like a dream with Apple)..... I prefer Sonos sound quality but they need to get to work in this!
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Yes everyone, if you're looking for support for Apple Music then we need to petition Apple. Thread can be found here: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/apple-support-apple-music-on-sonos
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Here is link to the petition info thread - thx

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/apple-support-apple-music-on-sonos
I've installed airsonos on a raspberry pi and use AirPlay for ITunes stuff. Works on the native Apple watch music app including Siri. I'm assuming that apple music will also work using this method. Would prefer an official app though.
Am a huge apple fan and yes will be looking for Apple Music to replace my spotify account as i have over 23,000 CD's on iTunes and its my platform of choice....

So ....

Come on Sonos.... we need this support!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks Chris,  I'm not spending £79 on an Airport Express to reward their isolationist approach lol!  They caved in to Office software eventually.  If they don't make Apple Music compatible I shall stay with Napster too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Delay - Apple not allowing is the delay. Apple currently not supporting outside devices other than AirPlay. Add AirPlay to your Sonos system if have immediate need.
Userlevel 1
Badge
What's the delay?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Also check out https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/sonosequencr-iphone-app
It would be great!
Userlevel 3
The digital crown is so perfect for volume control. Sonos don't be late to the party.
That might be some of the small information tidbits we should get in the next couple of days by the news outlets attending WWDC.
Userlevel 2
Badge
The digital crown is so perfect for volume control. Sonos don't be late to the party.
They're releasing iOS9 for public beta in July https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Not sure if that'll include WatchOS 2 though ...
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Devs Chris, not sure if will work maybe Mike could answer that - I know with iPhone you can add UDID's to dev program and release to that phone
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Autumn