Question

New App: how do I add songs to a playlist currently playing

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I cannot seem to find a way to add songs to playlist in the new app. when I click on the ••• next to a song while another is playing, the only option now appears to be Replace Queue, and no ability to insert the song. what am I missing?

142 replies

Userlevel 1

Is anyone from SONOS support reading these messages? I'm surprised to see no feedback! I'd like to read a commitment to restore the availability of the old application or to quickly update to this "new" version.

From SONOS S1 to S2, I had to deal with an unstable wifi connection (SONOS support said it was due to my network, but bandwidth has increased thanks to fiber!) - now it's a regression in terms of functionality. I wonder what's next!

Userlevel 1

Wow Sonos. How to completely wreck your reputation and totally pee off your users. What is going on with this update? So many floors. So many features missing. What were you thinking? It’s pants. Give the same features we used to have. Update your update! 

Userlevel 1

They are swamped with feedback.  I hope it’s all fixed soon because I’d hate to sell everything 

Userlevel 1

I have to agree with all comments here, this update is total crap, I am unable to use my pretty expensive Sonos system the way I always have. At least give us the option to roll back to the previous app version, and do yourselves a favor and fix this stupid update so that it has complete functionality again. I was actually thinking about buying additional speakers in the near future for some extra rooms in my house, but if this doesn’t get fixed real fast I’m replacing the whole thing with another system…

Update: I luckily found instructions (on https://techissuestoday.com) on how to roll back to the previous version of the S2 app, disabled the auto update and for now it’s working again as it did before. I’m not updating on phones of desktop again before they get this fixed in a descent way...

Userlevel 1

What the bloody @#$ has Sonos done to their app?!  It was so easy to navigate, make playlists, and play them and now all that is gone?  Makes no sense.  This update is the WORST! I never would have started using Sonos if this was the original app. 

After reading the techissuestoday post mentioned above, it doesn’t look like Sonos plans to bring back the playlist functionality that we used to have in the previous version (which I quickly reinstalled).  Time to find a replacement. 

Userlevel 1

Can't access my playlists.

Can't pick an individual track from albums in Search.

A fairly simple user friendly process made difficult.

Frustrating doesn't even cut it.

Thanks for nothing Sonos.

Userlevel 1

Look up “New Coke”. This app update is a wreck of an idea on the order of New Coke.

What the bloody @#$ has Sonos done to their app?!  It was so easy to navigate, make playlists, and play them and now all that is gone?  Makes no sense.  This update is the WORST! I never would have started using Sonos if this was the original app. 

After reading the techissuestoday post mentioned above, it doesn’t look like Sonos plans to bring back the playlist functionality that we used to have in the previous version (which I quickly reinstalled).  Time to find a replacement. 

The queue issues are slated to be fixed by “early June”.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

My Sonos system just updated and now all my saved playlists are gone, nowhere to be found.  My saved albums I can see, but can’t play.  I only listen to my playlists which I took years to compile and need them back.  How do I get them back?  

Userlevel 5
Badge

This new app is aweful to the point I feel like selling off my system and taking my business else where. Nothing works as it should, playlist disappear, cant play in the room I want as the app keeps reverting to another room,  can’t add to my existing playlists and the list goes on. Sort out Sonos or it’s goodbye and I have spent the best part of £4,000 on your products. 

Userlevel 1

This new app is aweful to the point I feel like selling off my system and taking my business else where. Nothing works as it should, playlist disappear, cant play in the room I want as the app keeps reverting to another room,  can’t add to my existing playlists and the list goes on. Sort out Sonos or it’s goodbye and I have spent the best part of £4,000 on your products. 

Aye your quite right. Like you I've spent a few bob on Sonos and was possibly going to do a bit of an upgrade, not so sure now.

Search an artist and it'll come up no bother but doesn't play, ach I'm well cheesed off with it.

I’m having a very difficult time putting my playlist, my music that is on my iPhone onto my Sonos speakers. Can somebody help me with this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

They can’t figure out how to add my playlist but the new app figured out how to send me an add to buy the new roam.  Shows their priorities, just make more money, forget supporting those people who already bought the product, we already have their money.  

I’m having a very difficult time putting my playlist, my music that is on my iPhone onto my Sonos speakers. Can somebody help me with this?

Are you trying to do this via the Sonos app?  Because the only way to play music from your iPhone is via Airplay.  You haven’t been able to play music from an iPhone via the Sonos app in a few years. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

My playlist which I took years to create are now gone, can’t even see them.  My saved albums show up but when I try to play them I get a message something went wrong, try again.  Could Sonos at least put out a more honest message, “something went wrong, you trusted sonos, try again sucker.” 

Userlevel 1

The “hidden in plain sight” corollary to this debacle of an app upgrade is that, years ago, Sonos outsourced its technical support. It used to be that there were people at Sonos who knew the product and could help solve issues. Now, technical support is atrocious, and it is apparent that Sonos really doesn’t care.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I think the common denominator for all of the recent problems is a failure of leadership. The CEO didn’t offer, but forced everyone in to an app he knew had problems and wasn’t ready.  I in his statement he refers to this decision as “courageous”.  I’ve read hundreds of responses to the new app, not one person used the word courageous.  The CEO is completely out of touch with his fan/customer base.  Management became singularly focused on rolling out the headphones, this is why they rushed out a not ready app.  The attitude of we already have the existing customer’s money just focus on new money (the headphone) will undoubtedly lead to a consistent degradation of existing support for their products.  Personally I think this new attitude will spell the end of the company, but by then the CEO will be on an island with his pay package.  He came from blackberry, kind of tells you how he thinks, he needs to be replaced to restore the lost faith in Sonos.  If you read his comments he said 99% of the people love the new app.  A leader who believes that will only lead the company in one direction…

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

in his statement he refers to this decision as “courageous”.

Stock analysts think the decision is dubious and are not convinced the headphone nonsense will “save” the company.  Maybe they made a “boomer” product that’s run it’s course. Who will be their new customers?  Are younger people buying and ripping CDs to a NAS library? Or do they just stream everything or play from their phones?  Do they care about whole house audio?  This feels like a “TiVo” moment to me.  Sonos have probably sold about as much gear as possible to an aging group who they have now alienated. Now they are going up against Apple, Sony, Sennheiser, Bose, B&W, and so many other headphone makers.  If they think they can “Sonos ecosystem” people into their cans, they are tripping - no way this saves the company, especially given the broken app and that the cans aren’t even a Sonos player, just an ARC extension and otherwise just very expensive BT cans.  They have lost their minds.

Had they not broken the app, and customer trust, and released some cans that I could wear and listen to just like any other Sonos component, they would be in much better shape, but this...NOPE!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I think your analysis is correct.  I see similarities with Bed Bath and Beyond.  They too alienated a very loyal customer base by doing away with their coupons.  I wrote the CEO at ceo@sonos.com and suggested he read about Bed Bath and beyond.  

Jgatie, thank you so much. You’re the first response I read and now it’s working. I appreciate it. Thank you.

How do I find my playlist on the new Sonos app

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Dli, I lost mine with the update also.  I called customer service yesterday and spoke to them for an hour and they were not able to find or recover my playlists.  I’m now elevated to level 2 support so doesn’t seem like an easy fix, if it can be fixed at all. 

Userlevel 2

I just want to say that this new app is so impossibly BAD that I cannot believe that the people who created it actually use this product. I am so incredibly angry that the fantastic system I once owned is now next to useless! I cannot add, subtract, or move songs around in my playlists. It is next to impossible to create new playlists because all my music in my music library has to be SCROLLED THROUGH instead of shortcuts to get you near where they occur in alphabetical order. There is no sleep timer which was one of my favorite tools. Some of my playlists are instantly gone and no way to get them back. What a huge waste of time and cause for endless frustration. Why can’t they just let us re-install the old app until they finally fix this one? There is much more that I’m angry about, but the bottom line is that obviously the people who built and let this piece of crap be pushed out to us have only the goal of destroying this company, because I certainly have no desire to keep any of my now-useless products, or recommend this piece of crap to anyone. Who cares if the speakers work well if you have to beat your head against the wall to try and play the songs you want? I used to support you Sonos but I cannot anymore and I frankly doubt you can win back my loyalty because the mess you have made is mighty. Give us back the old app until you can redo this new piece of crap. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Pearl83 at least you have some access to some playlists.  I can’t see any of my playlists and none work.  Years of developing my ideal playlists all gone overnight.  I don’t stream, so like you my thousands of dollars of speakers are now useless to me.  

They won’t bring back the old app because they need the new one to run the headphones they are coming out with beginning of June.  This is all about selling headphones.  They knew the app wasn’t ready but they didn’t want to delay release of the headphones so they pushed it out.  That’s what is so bad, none of this is a mistake, they did it on purpose.  They knew a lot of us would have major problems, but hey they already got our money, their only interest now is getting that new headphones money.  

Userlevel 2

Ken 354, you are completely correct and I’m now trying to figure out how to salvage my system. I’m trying SonoPhone app right now, and I’m going to look into other options, whatever those may be?  It is truly disgusting what Sonos just did to so many of us.