iOS Sonos app slow

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

It’s an iPhone XS on latest iOS and latest Sonos app version. 
I don’t know if 12 seconds is slow (just timed it) but before the update it was ready less then 5 seconds after start up so it seems very slow compared. 

The more recent iPhones and iPads (2019/2020) seem to open the Sonos App quickly enough for my ‘fair number’ of Sonos devices around the Home, less than 5 seconds to open from a fully closed state, in my estimation.

An older iPad Air is slower, but I have an old Android non-branded tablet running the 32bit version of Oreo 8.1 and that seems to open the Sonos App as quick as the latest iOS devices.

So just wondering if it’s the older iOS devices where this processing issue may lie? However I’m not finding the speed of opening the Sonos App a huge issue, relatively speaking, particularly in regards to some other iOS Apps, which often prove to be slower on startup. 

It was actually running Sonosnet so on its own. I have now tried to move it to my wifi but it makes no difference. App still slow at finding the speakers when starting up. 

And as I wrote in my first post it started when the last update was made so hope a new update is coming soon that will fix it. But it sounds strange if I’m the only one who has this problem??

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Usually slow app means a lot of network traffic on your router.

I would try a router reboot.

If still slow I would think about running Sonosnet (one sonos unit hooked to router) to get Sonos traffic off home wifi.