Dead spots on CR200

• 14 November 2009
  • 312 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

312 replies

Userlevel 2
Gave up on the CR200 when mine was replaced for the third time - bought one new and one second hand CR100 and I have got to say I prefer them.
That may be the way to go then. Thanks ninjabob. Although I suspect there will be very few available second hand in Australia, and I bet units from the US wouldn't work with mine. Does any one know if they would be compatable?

I have over $4500 worth of Sonos equipment and very frustrating that I have to go into my study and turn on my computer just to use it. Sort of defeats the purpose to a large extent.
I have had my unit replaced twice, but the third one has had no problems so far.

See this post for how to find out whether your latest unit is from one of the batches known to have problems: http://forums.sonos.com/showpost.php?p=131021&postcount=127
Userlevel 2
Mine has just developed the dead spot on the right of the screen and i am awaiting a replacement and then I am to send my old one back.

Does anyone know if the "new" one they send out is a brand new one, or a refubished one?

Also does anyone know if the problem will be fixed in the "new" one they send out?

Really dissapointed at how many people seem to have this problem, and even worse how long this problem has been going on. I really love Sonos and hope my "new" controller will work *fingers crossed*
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
If BarryM's assertion is correct, then all three of my CR200s ought to be duff! The relevant digits are 05 or 06.

I have certainly noticed that sometimes a little perseverance is needed to make a selection, but they usually work OK without too much trouble.

How can one check for sure whether this apparent stock fault is present or not? At least two of mine will still be within their warranty period.
Sonos have always said that the error rate from the early batches was low, but not low enough to be acceptable. ... Your units may not fail.

Also remember that they extended the warranty a further year for those batches.

An early indication in my two units which failed was that I couldn't power scroll through to end of the alphabet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Does anyone know if the "new" one they send out is a brand new one, or a refubished one?
The replacement I was sent under warranty was a refubished unit with a serial number from the early "at risk" batch. - It has been working fine since it arrived (last week!).
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Sounds like the chances are that all should be OK here. But at least I know what to look out for! The Sonos extended warranty policy on this seems really good, and I suspect most companies send out re-furb'd units in a situation like this. Thanks for the info guys.
Userlevel 2
Yup - One of my controllers screens just started acting up - same exact symptoms. Oh well, guess I'll need to call them for an RMA
Userlevel 2
Hi guys,

My original Cr200 bought in Nov 09 failed in April 10. The replacement has just failed. Both times with dead spot problems.

The replacement that's failed seems to be an 05 series. I phoned support last week and was told I'd be receiving a replacement but nothing arrived. I phoned yesterday to be told my controller is not in the faulty batch, there is no extended warranty and it was going to cost £85 for a replacement.

I thought I received an email a while back extending the warranty to 2 years but I cannot locate it. Does anyone know the position?

I must say I'm very disappointed that an expensive piece of kit has only lasted a little over 18 months.

Would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions

Regards,

Peter
pacman42,

Touch base with support again and be sure to mention that the replacement unit has experienced an early issue.