CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello I'm also having this issue
It cr100 try's to connect
Goes to connecting please wait then fails to link up
Seems like the same as above solution would work

Diagnostics

Hi Josh.r

Your system is not patched. You should be able to add your CR100 once you run any updates that your system finds. Please let me know if you have any troubles getting everything working.
Userlevel 2
Having same issue here...getting "this controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)". Have 1 Play1 wired and 1 ConnectAMP wired....
Thanks Jeff -- You Fixed me up!
Badge
Fixed mine as well
Thank you very much
Userlevel 2
Having same issue here...getting "this controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)". Have 1 Play1 wired and 1 ConnectAMP wired....

Submitted Diagnostics 4984938...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Charles and Marcie,

The patch has been added to your Sonos system. Please run updates and try to connect your CONTROL. Let me know if anything goes wrong.
Userlevel 2

Hi Charles and Marcie,

The patch has been added to your Sonos system. Please run updates and try to connect your CONTROL. Let me know if anything goes wrong.

Good to go, thanks!
Userlevel 2

Hi Charles and Marcie,

Good to go, thanks!

After update, Spotify not able to browse...?? #4985021 sent...
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Charles and Marcie,

Good to go, thanks!

Hi Charles and Marcie,

Did you get the option to re-authenticate Spotify? If not it may help to remove the service then add it back. To remove Spotify please follow this guide.

Once you've removed Spotify, add it back by following this guide.

If that doesn't work, please let me know.
Userlevel 2

Hi Charles and Marcie,

Good to go, thanks!

Hi Charles and Marcie,

Did you get the option to re-authenticate Spotify? If not it may help to remove the service then add it back. To remove Spotify please follow this guide.

I did not get the re-authorized prompt. Removed Spotify, and tried add it back...but still getting error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Charles and Marcie,

Good to go, thanks!

Hi Charles and Marcie,

I did not get the re-authorized prompt. Removed Spotify, and tried add it back...but still getting error.

I've created a support ticket for you: 151009-001736. It'd be best to continue troubleshooting over the phone. Please give us a call and reference your incident number. Our phone tech should be able to walk you through getting everything back up and running. Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi

I am having the same issue - I dug out my old CR100 controller to update it as I have not used it for a while, but I cannot get it to associated with anything on my network. My other CR100 controller which I have always used is working fine. My ticket no. is 4991363. Do I need the patch to fix this? I've tried the standard methods of connecting with different ZOs and the wired Zonebridge but having no luck!

Thanks

Jamie
Hi I am having the problem with my cr100 as well could you please send my system the patch? Thank you
Hi I have the same issue with my cr100 controller will not connect I submitted diagnostics # 5003801 could you please send me system the patch? Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi I have the same issue with my cr100 controller will not connect I submitted diagnostics # 5003801 could you please send me system the patch? Thank you

Hi Chris,

I've added the update to your account. Once updated your Sonos system should now allow you to connect your CR100. Please let me know if it does not work.
Hi Jeff the update was unsuccessful my cr100 controller now says the controller was unable to connect to a sonos component please try again (1) I tied several times and it still does not connect I resubmitted new diagnostics #5005895 please let me know what to try next thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff the update was unsuccessful my cr100 controller now says the controller was unable to connect to a sonos component please try again (1) I tied several times and it still does not connect I resubmitted new diagnostics #5005895 please let me know what to try next thank you

Hi Chris,

Your Sonos system is showing some wireless interference which may explain why your CR100 isn't connecting. Please try changing the Sonos wireless channel, here's how.

It may also help to reboot your router.
Userlevel 3
Hi Jeff, I have raised a ticket 5006446 as k have just tried to add a CR100 to my system and says it won't connect.

I'm still using sonosnet as far as I'm aware but diagnostics were submitted on the above ticket. Can I have the patch applied to my account please? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, I have raised a ticket 5006446 as k have just tried to add a CR100 to my system and says it won't connect.

I'm still using sonosnet as far as I'm aware but diagnostics were submitted on the above ticket. Can I have the patch applied to my account please? Thanks!

Hi Tibblemc,

I've added the patch to your system. Please run updates then try to connect your CR100. Let me know if you have any issues.
Userlevel 3
Sorted. Jeff, you sir are indeed a legend. Thanks! Toby
Userlevel 2
HI Jeff,
Can I get the patch too? Just added a CR100 to my system and it's not connecting. I submitted diagnostics # 5011903. Thanks!
Hi Jeff thank you the cr100 controller is now connecting to my sonos system! Thank you
Hi Jeff are there instructions on how to change the battery on a cr100 remote? Does sonos sell the battery? Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff are there instructions on how to change the battery on a cr100 remote? Does sonos sell the battery? Thank you

Hi Chris,

The CR100's battery is soldered in and isn't easily removable as is the CR200 battery. While there may be some instructions online to do so, we don't sell replacement parts for the CR100.

Sometimes when a CR100's batter no longer charges it is due to a poor connection on the cradle. You can actually bypass the cradle by removing the power cable form the back of the cradle, then plugging it in to the CR100 along to top side under a rubber plug.
Userlevel 2
That did the trick. Thank you very much Jeff!! Great support for a great product over there at Sonos.

HI Jeff,
Can I get the patch too? Just added a CR100 to my system and it's not connecting. I submitted diagnostics # 5011903. Thanks!

Hi Guitarzan,

The patch has been added to your system so you should be able to connect your CR100 after running updates. Please let me know if it doesn't work.